Zbrush normal maps

Hello everyone

First of all let me explain that I am in no way a Blender expert, maybe a beginner bordering on intermediate. My entire experience in 3D is through AutoCad and solid modeling and I wanted to learn point pushing properly and came straight to Blender after trying a Max demo.

Recently I also purchased Zbrush after trying the demo and it was something I could relate to for organic modeling. And therein lies the problem, Normal maps exported from Zbrush to Blender. There are few here that use this program and I have seen a few results posted on this forum so I know it can be done.

I have read all the post and tuts with regard to this procedure but for the life of me cannot get it to work in Blender. Every time it looks like a smoothed model with no details. Actually, to tell the truth, I did get a proper image once, very late one night, did not write down what I did and promptly forgot how to do it by the next morning.

I am at my wits end and am ready to give up so if anyone can tell me of a tut which details the procedure I would be much obliged.

Best Regards to you all and thanks for any advice.

Edit:-
It may help if I said I was using this model in this thread http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58313&highlight=zbrush

Assuming you’ve already successfully exported a normal map from Zbrush, you can easily apply it to a blender mesh using thenormal map button.