Zbrush Questions..

Okay. I got Zbrush a while back, and i no its easier to sculpt stuff with a Wacom but i do not have one.My question/questions are. What is the easiest way to sculpt a face from a UV sphere… Or How would i make a started mesh (low poly) then sculpt a highpoly face from the starter mesh. Does anyone know of a good tut to bake Normal maps and use the Zmapper? iv looked for Making normal maps in Zbrush and i couldnt find anything but i havent looked for anyone on how to use the Zmapper…

Thanks in advance

LGB

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=53087

Learn foo:ba:

Thanks…but the videos stop at like 5seconds…=(

Install the Veoh player (see veoh.com) and click the link to watch the full movie (or download it to your library).

K thanks man =)

I’ve also been playing around with the trial version of Zbrush and in my opinion it isn’t any better for sculpting than blender unless you want to break the 3 million triangle mark for a single mesh OR unless you want to do stuff like sculpt hair, scales, bark, concrete etc - but even then blender has it’s workarounds.

Anyway, Zbrush is cool, hf. Also, I wouldnt’ recommend sculpting with the default materail I’d use the silverish one that is directly to the right of it - because the red material is a “beauty sculpt material” and how it looks in the Zbrush viewport is not necessaritly the way it will look inside of another viewport without the beauty sculpt material such as the game engine for instance.

that’s just my observation though

Thanks for the Tip Kay

Workarounds, workarounds…

It’s just mucho fun to sculpt highly complex details without thinking too much about the memory and speed issues.

I really hope Nicholas or another Blender developer will someday come up with a genious streaming virtual memory system for Blender…

Anyway, Zbrush is cool, hf. Also, I wouldnt’ recommend sculpting with the default materail I’d use the silverish one that is directly to the right of it - because the red material is a “beauty sculpt material” and how it looks in the Zbrush viewport is not necessaritly the way it will look inside of another viewport without the beauty sculpt material such as the game engine for instance.

that’s just my observation though

Masking… creating displacement…

If blender had these…

Zbrush would slowly fall to the waist side.

Not too quickly I hope. I paid for a full license of ZB3!

I think Blender has displacement baking, unless it is just normals. I haven’t checked in a while. Masking would be great.

On a side note, I’m trying do do a bit of work with both programs to flesh out just how well they can ‘play along together’. Blender has a better chance of succeeding commercially (for the moment) if it can be integrated into an existing pipeline rather than outright replacing one.

Exporting .obj from Blender (uv mapped) then sculpting, exporting displacement/normal/texture etc maps in Zbrush and reimporting back into Blender is usually a pretty process. I love them both. :slight_smile: