issues.
I have a mesh that is set at 5.5mpollys and a size of 790mb
When I open taskmanager on widows8 64bt
I see blender us doing something however it also proceeds
to eats my entire 8gb memory,

am I missing something simple here,
I have followed all the Gob instructions and tried may combinations
of obj. File type and preffrences and still
no mesh in blender just masses of ram usage.
Surely 790mb can’t translate into 8gb on transfer.
Any ideas guys girls ??

Bake displacement and/or normal map in zbrush and use with a lower division mesh

My experience using Zbrush is that it handles memory much more efficiently than Blender. I can work with 10 Million Polygons on Zbrush then when I load that mesh into Blender it freezes very badly. Even I can’t subdivide a mesh in Blender to reach 10 Million Polygons but I can do it on Zbrush 4 and Mudbox2012.

Baking Normal maps from Zbrush will not work efficiently in blender, you can do it but you must tweak around seams. Remember that Level 0 in Zbrush or Mudbox is slightly modified by the top subdivison sculpted levels, so this also introduces artifacts.

I’ve never had any luck baking maps in zbrush. Xnormal works best for me.

I’ve always found using the SwitchRG option gives better normal map seams if used in blender.

yes that’s the best way to go, Xnormal. You load your two meshes set the Ray Distance or cage computation and the Normal Map extracted works better than the one created from Zbrush to your Blender Low=0 Mesh.

I stick with the old XNormal version that has not Java Code and consumes less RAM. Heavily needed if you need to load really high Def. meshes.

yes that’s the best way to go, Xnormal. You load your two meshes set the Ray Distance or cage computation and the Normal Map extracted works better than the one created from Zbrush to your Blender Low=0 Mesh.

I stick with the old XNormal version that has not Java Code and consumes less RAM. Heavily needed if you need to load really high Def. meshes.

What version number is it ?

3.17.5 is the old one before he added some Java Stuff that takes almost 0.5 GB RAM extra.

Newest version is 3.17.15 still good, just downgrade to 3.17.5 in case your high mesh won’t load.

Thank you.

Thank you guys and girls will try all methods report back when time allows,
thank you for your time :slight_smile:
yhmfzr1000 very greatfull