zeffii - Sketchbook

[redacted] ugly, here’s more characters

Looks like you’ve got a nice handle on Sverchok. I would love to try to work with it, but I don’t have much time to work in Blender in the first place. Any quick tips to get someone going on that?

ah a fan of futurism. have you also checked out futurist paintings and sculpture? some very interesting stuff.

Modron, yeah. I’m a fan of anything which pleases the eye, the ear, or the mind generally. Some of the futurist output conveys a sense of optimism, I like that.

Xraygunner, being one of the developers of Sverchok it’s my duty to have a working knowledge of the addon. My time, sofar, has mostly gone into writing the Nodes which I felt Sverchok was missing and preventing me from reaching a goal. To this end I first wrote a general purpose Scripted Node, which lets me use scripts as Nodes (like OSL script node for shaders). I’ve come to the point where I’m happy mostly with what we have, and therefore am going to focus on producing some renders using just vanilla Sverchok for a while. I’ve also started a few Sverchok lessons on my tumblr, they will grow in number as I find time this holiday.

http://blenderpython.tumblr.com/ bookmark it and occasionally check it, it will have blends of basic stuff and more advanced things too :slight_smile:
You will be surprised at how fast the learning curve becomes a shallow incline.

Oh, wow! Sorry, I guess it helps to open ones eyes once in a while. Didn’t realize you were a dev! I’ll keep an eye on that link. Thanks a million!

looks a bit more solid because of the support beams under the exterior glass skin. The glass needs a lot of work, then it’s time to turn the dial up on the number of floors and reassign materials.

larger image here

I’m adding this image to keep the thread from automatic closing. It’s constructed entirely with Sverchok addon. I find it pleasing to look at it.

The Lotus Temple (India) - Architect Fariborz_Sahba - completed 1986. | my crude approximation

Another image made possible with Sverchok. is the London Gherkin (A temple for the material things). Most of this is parametric.

The Gherkin (London) - Architects Norman Foster, Ken Shuttleworth - completed 2003 | my crude approximation

400 samples, subsurf scatter, tangent view volume.

120 samples, scaled to .3 procent

WIP scrap bike from 1922-28 chevy parts, 80 samples

i’m hesitant to start a WIP thread because it might never get finished.

low poly primitive for sverchok addon

love the low poly grasshopper :smiley:

Thanks GradyP ! it was supposed to be a stone cricket, but I see how the colors really change that.

500 samples. I don’t have a clear enough image of the bike to get some of the details, so the rest (after this post) will be liberal application of random bits.

I never liked the look of dark microscopes.