Some may remember that I’d started a Zelda fan game back in May, well I’m not dead yet. I found the old file about a week ago, and began working on updating and reviving it. Now I’ve fixed buckets of old bugs, and improved the look.
New Link model: Now he has a face and does slightly resemble Link.
New Link animations: He now has completely new animations that look half decent, except for the sword swing.
Enemy AI: I’ve just finished building an enemy, I haven’t incorporated it into the game yet, but that’s what comes next.
When I’ve finished making it, I might put together a collosol tutorial which explains how it was done, most of it is still quite fresh in my memory despite being done almost 4 months ago.
I decided to do some test renders of the models to see how they’d look with an ideal toon shader, I thought I’d also post the results since they turned out quite good.
I turned off the dynamic lighting because it really does drain the final result, I’ll leave it that way until I manage to find a decent toon shader that doesn’t attack the FpS so bad. Still, it looks ok without any shading, except for the few objects with col added to them.
Like mentioned aboce, I’ve programmed an enemy so it chases you, then when it gets close enough, it stops and after a short while it’ll attack. You can only recieve damage, (displayed in the form of a col ipo,) when the enemy is attacking.
Now for the game itself. The file is zipped with WinRar, it usually takes about 11mb, but zipped it only requires 600kb.
And the enemy AI, which I’ll incorporate and post tomorrow or Saturday.
Feel free to edit, deface or whatever and enjoy.