Hi guys, thanks to everyone who replied and thanks for your suggestions.
Here’s some more updates, personally I like the lighter skin version as well, however, Mugabe does have very dark skin so we opted for the darker version. Here’s some hands as well.
Thanks for looking
The following changes were made to the head ( I just need the lower the bump on the ears):
• Frizzy hair, including a receding hairline at his forehead.
• Added wind forces on his specs’ arms in order to not let the hair “grow” through the arms
• Changed the specularity to make him look more sweaty and also increase the contrast
• Slightly modified his skin material’s texture to be able to darken his skin (see Map To tab for diffuse texture - Darken as opposed to Mix. Col value at the moment set to 0.8)
• I also increased the value of his face’s bump map slightly
• Changed the glasses - but that’s a very subjective change. Maybe you prefer him to rather have lucky packet glasses. (I did not spend much time on the golden colour)
• Dark rings around the eyes - as new texture (not sure whether it’s dark enough?)
The following changes are due to be made to the hands (including more work on the texture, need to make the bottom of the hand lighter):
• The fingers tend to not be of the same “family”, i.e. apart from the middle and index finger, they look very dissimilar. These 2 fingers become thicker towards the end, but usually one’s finger is thicker at the base of the hand.
• Which brings me to the second point: due to the above, I believe the space between the fingers - close the base of the hand - is is too large. Most people’s fingers tend to touch there. I’m not saying they must, because - if they don’t - it actually makes rigging a bit easier. One can then use "envelope"rigging. But I think they are too far apart right now. I think if this gap is smaller, the boniness of the pinkie would also look better.
It seems as if the knuckles on top of the hand may be a bit too rounded/soft, especially for such thin/bony fingers.