Personally, I dislike user created games like Little big planet, minecraft, and map editors - perhaps my imagination is dwindling, who knows. Who cares? because everyone else seems to like them… I think that is probably the main reason for having landed myself with this humble beginning.
About 5 hours work, and using most of my old work. The “player” can:
- add from a library of over 50 objects
- rotate these (delete, resize and moving tools coming soon :D)
- enter the game as a player, currently only a car is available, but I willalso make a third and/or first person shooter rig, etc
- zombies! (the best kept secret of the lazy game designer :p)
- painting the ground, in the video, you can see it paints a pattern, I used this instead of block colour as I think it looks better.
I like to think it is a very streamlined experience, but I will let you decide at demo time.
- fps/tps rigs
- icons to show the current object that will be added when in “editor”
- contraptions -premade physics contraptions, like catapults, slingshots, pendulums, etc
- objectives - like the gameplay elements in the far-cry editor, spawn points, flags, etc.
- NO MENUS (more of a “not to do” :p)