Zooming with 4-button Logitech trackball mouse

Hi everyone. I have been trying to figure out how to zoom using a logitech trackball mouse. It has 4 mouse buttons; none of them appear to be considered a middle button. I have also tried using the shift and control keys with button presses. No luck. I’d rather not switch back to a regular mouse if I can help it.

Any tips or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Frootee

t ozoom using the keyboard you press and hold Ctrl+Alt+LMB+ move mouse forward and back.

also if it’s a logitech mouse you should be able to go to their website and download a program called MouseWare which is a program that you can use to tell you mouse buttons to do [almost] whatever you want.
however, I would have thought your mouse would have come with this on a cd.

hope it helps

Thank you much Corndog. I tried that and it did work. I do have Mouseware; when I started it up I did not see the options for zooming. I guess I did not look hard enough…

Thanks!

Frootee

I have not used Logitec mice in a long time they tend to wear out fast for me (not knocking the compainy they make good stuff but something about thier mice does not go well with my style of usage.) try to find which program will let you assign one of the buttons to middle mouse.

Do not look for something that would be program specific as blender is not a really well supported program by the rest of the world, that is, it is not put out by MS or some big corperation.