My antivrus prog blaims blender 2.45 for virus on WinXP

Hi

can somebody please help/explain me with that:

If I download blender 2.45 windows installer then my Kaspersky Antivir reports:

Constructor.Win32.JpegOfDeath.d found

which is considered some virus. Is threre any function/module with that name in Blender or is that really a virus?

thanks!

it is entirely possible that a virus has crept into the distro. It has happened to other applications. Did you download the exe from *blender.org?

yes, I loaded from:

http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.45/blender-2.45-windows.exe

I have the same thing happening. same virus alert. I was installing blender on my laptop and it came up and now its gone to all my computers and cant run any versions of blender.
For the losers that think they are now a hero, big news. your a loser. its been done to death and no ones cares anymore.
go attack the big boys if you think you are so awesome.
again, you are a loser and we will find you!!!
hopefully there is a fix for this problem
sorry about the venting, just ticks me off is all.

Hi, I’ve had blender on my computer for over 6 months, and it’s been working just fine. But today my antivirus program killed the following blender file avutil-49.dll and then reported Constructor.Win32.JpegOfDeath.d found. Just this morning the antivirus program just updated, and I think that this new update is causing this problem not blender. I even used the old downloaded file blender-2.44-windows.exe which is still had but when i start blender it kills the program. thanks martin

Blender works fine on my computer, then again I never really used the official build for 2.45.

please report to bug tracker

Its probably a false positive.

I use AVG and have had no such virus alert…Send Blender over to the makers of your Anti Virus so they can check it out.

Hope that helps

my antivirus program is from charter and Tiberius reported using Kaspersky Antivirus program. I’ll have to check with charter. It might be coming from a common antivirus database used by companies? Remember I use a old blender download blender-2.44-windows.exe and that was stopped.

I sent the download link and a question to Kaspersky. Lets see what they say. I will report here.
Tib

Damn, my computer did the same thing. I downloaded the blender 2.45 more than six months ago and now my Fsecure told me its a virus just like sirancelot56 and now blender wont start. WTF?

Oh, and Im running on 32bit Vista home premium

I also sent a message to charter security suite about the problem and reported it to blender also. martin

I’m really thinking its a false alarm, downloaded blender again form blender.org and instantly as I was installing it Fsecure started whining about that avutil-49.dll file. But now that I didnt delete that file blender runs normally.

I dont see how some trojan could have sneaked into both, files in my computer and the one inside an installing patch in a blender.org site

I have fsecure to but I am reluctant to allow this warning through till we get some solid reasons and info on what is exactly going on.
maybe scan you computer and see what happens. let us know

It is believed that this is a false positive, please let us know what fsecure and other vendors say,

LetterRip

hi I just got a reply from blender stating the following:

Hi,

from discussion with other devs it is apparently a false positive?
Also is it antivirus or firewall software?

LetterRip

I sent them another letter well let you know.
martin

Well since I ignored the notice and let that file stay, the scan notes me again from the same file…

I also have AVG and also no such problem, I am using the blender version from a few months ago.

AVG here too, updated, downloaded from link, scanned, no viruses.

you can try a test in here:
www.virustotal.com