Dung Beetle

My entry for annual Yaf(a)ray contest “Insectum”. Everything including the whole postproduction was made with Blender 2.58.1, I used Yaf(a)ray 0.1.2 beta and Photoshop for textures. Thanks for all the comments from WIP thread that really help me to finish this piece!

PS Better resolution can be found here - http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/9465/dungbeetlehighres.png

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/5765/12koniec.png

Attachments

1 Like

Looks great! Well done.

I’ve watched this from afar.

Truly a masterpiece!

I don’t say this often, but cough gallery * cough*!

wow, i followed the WIP thread and man, this is just… gallery stuff at least!

O_O awesome work man… this image is perfect…

gallery NOW!

Quality work. Gallery indeed

Heh, that is awesome, great work!

I think it’s missing something tho… maybe a piece of corn or a peanut, so only 4 stars from me :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Looks great! Well done.

Cool idea, and really great execution. Inspirring for a noob like me :slight_smile:

Definitely gallery. Congrats on another finished piece rozmiarek!

Glad to see this finished. 5* nuf said.

Excellent! Attention to detail is astounding! And not to mention the idea of a re-jigged old Atari Joystick! :slight_smile:

5*!

Well, as always a very nice piece. Is that dust behind the vehicle smoke, particles, postpro?

@Graphix i think he said smoke sim in the wip forum

This. Gallery. Now.

Looks really great!
One of my favorites I’ve seen.
My only question would be: should the tires on the ground have some motion blur? Otherwise it looks like he is transporting his prize at warp speed. Looks like it’s already on the tire that’s in the air.

Great image! Love the concept and execution.

Thank you for all the comments, I’m really glad you like, weeks of hard work finally pays off! For the dust I used Blender’s smoke simulation. tfrank - adding motion blur here was extremely hard, besides I wanted to add the effect only for the tires that are above the ground.

excellent work my friend! congrats!! :wink:

goddam I love you and your art.