Sith Fury

Hello, first time posting here…:rolleyes:

I started a tutorial series using the Sith Fury ship from the Old Republic MMO as the subject. I thought it would make for a good excuse to go over the basics of modeling in blender.

Thought I’d post the results as I progress with series for some c&c on the model.

This is the initial rough-out of the ship.

Attachments

nice work!! Ill track this thread :slight_smile:

Merry xmas! Here’s some detail on the backside…

Here’s a rough-out of the cockpit I’ll be detailing a bit tomorrow.

Wee bit of progress…

Attachments

Got some rough detail done…mostly on the cockpit and the top portion.

Attachments

I like the progress you’re making. The cockpit is looking great. Keep it up!

Thank you…

Got some detail on the wings after a somewhat quarrelsome hour with the vent things.

Attachments

I’m really liking the modeling of this ship. Can’t wait to see where it ends up.

Agreed !! it’s a beauty :slight_smile:

Still truckin’
some more progress: the engines and the ramp…

Attachments

Awesome model.

Thanks for the comments, all.

Here is some wire renders for no reason

Attachments

This looks amazing :smiley: Great Job!

Playing with the Cycles render engine…and started to bevel edges

Attachments

Most of the detail on the wings is done! There is the portion on the underside of the back half that flip open that still need work, but that won’t require as much effort or the whiskey to stave off the madness of modeling detail

Attachments

WOW! I’ve been wanting to model a sith star destroyer from the game, but i haven’t started yet :wink:

Do it! that would be epic.

I am glad to be back at this model! The front landing strut is done. I tried to maintain the look of the in-game model while adding some detail and making it look more ‘realistic’ so to speak. I think it came out well.

Rear landing strut and the ramp supports. The three legs of the landing gear are the same on the in-game model. Each leg looks like the one i modeled for the front of the ship. I wanted a different landing strut for the two in the rear. I searched for some pics of the Millenium Falcon’s landing gear then settled on a plastic part from a big Falcon I remembered was under a blanket of dust.