my work with blender :)

Hi everybody! I’ve been a blender user for about 4 years now and I wanted to share my work with it.

This is a small project in which I did the 3d and completely in Blender (Cycles render). The middle section is all live action.
Production house: LOICA (www.loica.tv)

some early renders:

Loica is mainly a c4d house, but I’ve been showing off blender from the start until I finally made a commercial with it :smiley: :smiley: I’m still the only one using blender, but some are already interested in learning it. They were all very impressed with the quality of cycles, as well as other things I’ve shown them like the smoke sim, dynamic topo, etc. :slight_smile:

This is an experiment sculpted in 3d-coat some time ago, and rendered in cycles (blender 2.62 i think), it was my first experiment with cycles. It was a quick autopo from 3d-coat and then an extremely quick rig in blender just for fun :smiley:

Well and here’s my reel, not everything is blender of course but pretty much everything I’ve modeled and uv’ed in it was made in blender. There are also some other stuff done in blender, like skinning, sculpts, some animations and renders (like the videos above). Hope you like it :slight_smile:

And finally a styleframe in which the smoke rings and the one the guy is standing on was done in blender:

My portfolio is intentionalpixel.com if you’d like to check it out. Thanks!
David.

EDIT: If you want to see full size or full screen, it seems you need to watch in vimeo in HD. (at least I couldn’t embed at higher resolution)

Attachments

Absolutely awesome work.

very appreciated :slight_smile:

Yes, you’ve shown quite an incredible collection of material. Too much for me to comment on it all, but I will say I enjoyed all of it!

How long have you been creating content? It seems like such a large amount of material, and to be done so well you must either work very quickly or work very long.

Jajaj well commercials are usually done like in one or two months… so in almost 4 years I guess it is a lot of material, besides there is some student work (before working for commercials) and personal stuff . On the other hand, like anyone who isn’t independent/freelance, in production houses work is done in teams. In my reel there are many projects done in teams and I’ve chosen the ones that I’ve contributed significatily, but It’s not like I’ve done everything alone. In my portfolio there is a detailed explanation of every project and in what way I have contributed, in case you want to check it out :slight_smile: (I wanted to put my contributions in the reel, but It’s so fast paced that it would be impossible to read anything). Anyway, I’m glad you enjoyed it :smiley: Thanks!

amazing works!

Great work! Thanks for sharing!!

really awesome stuff…

how did you make the cloud? that looks gorgeous!

Blown away!

Congratulations - very impressive - Excellent, all around.

As a noob wandering in the Blendlands for 2 months now, I can’t even begin to imagine how many years of learning are culminated in those brief few seconds of your demo reel.

Absolutely awesome - keep up the good work and thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Kelly

Viejo está muy bueno tu trabajo!!, que bueno saber que aquí en Latinoamérica se está usando Blender cada vez más :smiley:

Hi, -IP-!
GREAT, I mean: REALLY GREAT work!
Recently I found you at Vimeo, and I was amazed by the quality of your work. Congratulations! Especially for use Blender inside a C4D house… I know exactly what is it, I work with Blender for 8 years at a C4D house too… And I’m the only one to use Blender :slight_smile:
Congratulations!
I do really appreciate your work!

HOW DID YOU DO THE SMOKE RINGS!?!?!?!?

Ive been working on an e-cigarette ad lately and I can’t get the perfect smoke circles :frowning:
Experimenting with different forces is just fking tough

Fantastic! :slight_smile:

Great work!!!

amazing work, keep it up!

wow! many comments! thanks :smiley:

220696 and led:
As I stated above, the smoke rings and the smoke spiral the guy is standing on was made in blender. Tha clouds of the back are a composition of different cloud pics. The smoke rings were done simply by emitting from a torus and then aplying a strong vortex, so it became a ring, then I would just take a render, cause it wasn’t meant for animation. And the smoke spiral was an animated emmiter that made a spiral so it left that kind of trail. Forces would also be animated in a trial/error way. Led, since this rings weren’t made for animation, probably this method wouldn’t be of use, however, what I would recommend you to try is to constrain the smoke inside a torus (by emitting it through a smaller torus inside and making the bigger torus an obstacle), and then simply animate the bigger torus, with the smaller as child. If you play with the settings and apply some forces in it I think the fact that it is trapped inside a torus shouldn’t be noticed. Haven’t tested it though, just an idea.

Amazing show reel! Great editing and content!!!

Fabulous! And such a broad range of high quality, completed content

Well Done David, you’re a king.