S700 Digital Camera.

OK, I call it a finished project, after some tweaking on the “focused critics” thread.

I hope you like it.

Here is the second render (in white), and a close-up of the WIP, and also a view of the back.

I guess I should make a render with the lens retracted in the camera some day.

Here is a turntable animation:

Attachments

Very nice :slight_smile: wire frames?

Very convincing; I saw your previous thread and agreed with what others had written.

You’ve addressed their concerns very well imo.

I like it.

My only criticism would be the second image could do with some better lighting. Too much glare on the top. Needs more fill to better show off the rear of the camera.

Amazing :spin:

Love it! You did a great job!

Great hard surface modelling and materials are spot on. I have a long way to go to be that good.

TuToRiAl :smiley: PLEASE

Awesome work btw

Very nice,close up especially.

Very well modeled! Great attention to detail. Good job :slight_smile:

@ Peter18: Thanks. I’ll post some wire-renders right now.
@ Writer’s Block: Oh yes, the back view hasn’t been treated with so much attention than the front one. It’s just another render, from the WIP.
@ axelredfield, rayjaken, starfingers: Thank you, thank you, thank you !
@ grahas: Well, there wouldn’t be much to say ! It is very basic, in fact. Just some solid modeling and simple cycles material. No animation, no compositing, nothing fancy. So I don’t know what i should make a tutorial about really…
@ slobodanCGI: Oh, yes, i like the close-up too for some reason. It’s rather old, in the sense that it’s been done before the lens was even modeled. It’s simple, but it works to me.
@ zachrodgers: yes, that was the target: being able to model the object with precision. I was quick enough, but i am sure i could have done better with blueprints, precise dimensions, etc…

Here are the wires:

Attachments

Impressive! Very realistic!

Thanks mateus.

Here is a little turntable animation :

Beautiful, I told you it will get featured. :slight_smile:
Great work.

Amazing work the camera is very detailed and the renders looks great.:spin:(sorry for my eng if is the case)

it is very good, what is your render engine?

incredible job , how much time it took you to finish this project ?

Impressive! What are those dark wide lines on your wire frame images?

Very realistic renders. Good enough to be used for a real commercial, I think.

I would love to see the turntable with the same focal length as the top render.

@ AlinB : Thanks ! But i am not sure waht you mean ?
@ ulquiorraad: thanks for the kind words.
@ rahbari: oops! I totally forgot to mention the render engine: it’s Cycles.
@ niebieski: well, difficult to say exactly. Modelling the case took about a day, the rest another one. The case is a bit tricky, especially at the back, where curves flow into flat parts, etc. I had to make quite a lot of back-and-forth adjustments. Materials was quick, only the littles “symbols” like thoses on the selector wheel were a bit long to make in inkscape. So, basically it was a good week-end, starting on friday evening. But i had to do some tweaks following the good advice on the “focused critique” thread: a couple of minutes here for less post-pro, a twaek on the materials, here, etc…
@IconW: The wires are in fact a material that uses UV to add lines along the edges. But the size of the face in the viewport has quite a big impact on the apparent size of the edge: where the faces are big, the edges look “big”, and vice-versa. I know it is not optimal, but i don’t know other means to render nice wireframes…
@GodOfBigThings: Thank you. Maybe some day i will try that, but for the moment i have other things on my plate !