The Architecture Academy - Stills + Trailer

G’day!

As some of you probably know now, I’ve made a new course called The Architecture Academy.

I spent the best part of 6 months putting it all together, and have finally finished.

First, here’s the trailer:

And here’s some hi-res wallpapers:

If you’re interested in joining the course, you can sign-up here:
The Architecture Academy - Access
But the doors close on the 17th so you gotta be quick.

Render times were about 30-90mins on my 2x 660 GTXs. But I did most of it at Renderstreet renderfarm, where I proceeded to drop $2,500 in about 24 hours flat haha. But that’s what I get for leaving rendering to the last minute :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, if you’ve got any questions or comments I’m all ears :slight_smile:

Andrew Price

Attachments

Very nice Andrew. I wish I could afford the course, but not this time around…A sick animal sealed my fate on this one.
Maybe when it reopens.

Very beautiful renders and also amazing trailer, good luck for everyone wishing to join.

Impressive.

I’d sign up but really no time with residency for doctor’s placements coming up very soon.

£2,500 for 2:30 of 1080p footage,not so bad.

good luck with your academy,looks brilliant!

Nice stills in all but i honestly think the notepad and books need sum wrinkles(for lack of a better word) or roughness and i think the distance from which the sky camera was rendered, the street shouldn’t be that visible.

Lovely work all the same.
Would be in class when it reopens :slight_smile:

Best Blender renders I have ever seen…:eek:
Andrew Price, you are amazing!

great renders.good encouragement for people to use blender for archviz.

These are beautiful Andrew :slight_smile: If I had the money, Id sign up in a flash!

Nice Andrew, gonna sign up for one.

Hi Andrew ! nice academy !

I notice that the renders attached are in jpg format. What format are you pumping from Cycles ? Is it 32 bit float ?

As expected of Andrew price :smiley:
good work!

Thanks Andrew for mentioning it was rendered on our farm :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone! Always good to hear that was well received :slight_smile:

those renders are absolutely excellent

I would like to say that your a great teacher and I appreciate what you do for the people who want to learn blender.

When will this be open again?

Outstanding!!

Congratulations on this education-idea and I hope that it has been going very well for you. (I know how difficult the training business can be, yet you are obviously good at it, and I hope that you are enjoying some of the well-earned “fruit$” of your hard work.)

This trailer, and the logo that you came up with, and even the business-name that easily falls off your English-speaking tongue, “Architecture Academy,” all are very fine. Although I did find that the series of repeated “moving leaf-shadow gobos” around 0:45 had become visually tiresome after a very small dose of it. The focus-pulls and truck-backs that are featured in nearly every shot, for whatever reason did not raise the same visual objection to me.

If you ever go back to this “reel,” I would suggest inserting some text overlays, and maybe some text-only plates, that present your sales pitch throughout the piece: the essential notion being that “you, too, can do this, and it is worthwhile for you to part with a little of your money in order to learn how, from me.” (Don’t use voice-overs unless you hire voice-talent.)

Hey there Dark Matter, I think it re-opens in January, but it’s well worth it.