2010 Game Competition -VOTE NOW!-

@mercc1
At the moment it is only a walking tour in the middle ages with a gun.

I actually proposed to do the spider or the dragon into the game,
because it might be boring without enemies.

But es wasn´t enough time for it.

woulda been if you focused on stuff like that rather than a mass of models and several nice detail features. like making the character fat is nice and all but there is no purpose. if you had a decent gameplay and added it and gave it a use it would be a diffrent story. most of my small games most not shared with community I have started with the gameplay and went to adding extra features like becomeing fat, bullet holes and all that.

It is all about priorities.

1- What do I want to make?
2- How much time do I have to make it?
3- What features Must I have to show off the soul of the game?
4/5- What secondary features can I add to polish the game?
4/5- and then models and music.

@cuervo1003 What you dont seem to understand is that it doesnt matter what the contest rules are, what you’re doing is illegal. Someone gave you permission when they shouldnt have, because they did not have legal right to give you such permission.

Stop beeing mean, we can live with the fact, i wonder why you simply cant.
You have no clue how or team works and why we didnt get it in time, but that shouldnt be in your interest…

And also:
This is an ALPHA so if we didnt make it to this contest with gameplay, then you could simply ignore it.
Its our fault, and we know how we work, and if we focused on models and scripts and gameplay parralel, and ,it for reasons that dont need to interest you, didnt work out in time, it still doesnt need to interest you.
Its internal things and we are a big team, so hey, why try to tell us how to work instead of just letting us be and let the mass decide by FEELING and not by influence through such bold comments.

Thanks…

Don’t mind him Jimmyon. I personally like to do the graphics right before I start the logic. I wouldn’t blame you if you’re game was a walk-around type of game for now. Call it a sandbox game.:smiley:

As I go through and play each game, I’m keeping a google doc spreadsheet to keep track what I’ve played and how they were. It is public, so people can see what I thought of their game. Some of the games won’t play on a mac, so I might get to those last. They aren’t in any particular order.

Also, if somebody reads something I wrote about their game and it turns out that I just didn’t understand it very well, don’t shy from sending me a PM explaining the feature to me so I have a better understanding of your game.

I just pointed some stuff out and I do not care what your internal conflict is that is your own issue you should have overcome it to get it done on time if you didnt want criticism. I am just sad to see how alot of people are probably voting for you only for models which if it is based off that it is not even in relation to the game it is artistic ability in 3d modeling which is only part of a game when you have a game to have it in lol >.< even the smaller games in the contest have some gameplay to do.

seriously I am more of dissapointed than anything I was really anticipating your entry along with mario one =/ really dissapointed and cant believe your getting votes for what your presenting us =/.

alpha or not lol even in alpha I believe your suppose to get the basics of gameplay and get some enemies get things working a little and refine things when approaching beta adding models and secondary features XD

as I said Im just extremely dissapointed -.-

I dont think I would be as bugged if it werent for it being over a contest for such a large amount of cash and you really not haveing a game it is not the fact that you had issues making the game but it is the fact that you just dont have what the contest is suppose to be over.

It is like a 3d artist trying to show his artwork off interactively and he seen a contest he wanted the prize so he added some little features to turn his gallery into a “game” lol look at the other contestants sure they dont got perfect graphics but the gameplay is nice and actually something to do.

Im sorry im just beyond dissapointed XD

Stop with destructive criticism, what is your problem?
It doesnt has to interest you at all, and if we dissappointed you, but others vote for us, then its THEIR decission and maybe the liked our game.
Why cant you just give a fair competition and stay away from harassing.

AHAHa, this is getting worse and worse, only a few simple games have something to show, the big majority is a bunch of nosense demos, with nothing but the movement of the character I really dont see that as a game, but Who I m I have only one vote from a guy that voted on everyone. but I still believe in my game!!! lets go ghost driver for somewhere else that need us!
ah and Im sorry but travain have at least 5 guys that have 0 posts on the forum what the hell is that?
Im not a popullar person around here and I really dont care, maybe someone allready said something about that and I dont read it, but 0 posts its ridiculous, and on super blender galaxy I saw some people that had voted with very few posts too, but they are very few, anyway I dont know I cant see this as a nice stuff!
Maybe the logick bricks on my head are not connected, and now Im starting to get very confused, well.
God save the queen.

all 0f u r dum. ima eat sum pi. by.

Just stop trying to rate our game down as far as you can, just to present your owns. We arent in Kindergarden here dudes, so LET THE PEOPLE VOTE FOR WHAT THEY WANT TO VOTE.

Its that simple, simply let the thing happen and leave it uncommented if you have nothing to say, but hate comments.

THANK YOU Wehrdo that spread sheet is a great idea. and i got the same impression as you. glad to know im not the only one. (also if you get to my game just run it from the menu.blend because i have not created a mac version yet) also. my thoughts are. i have worked for 6 months on finishing a full game for a contest and when i finally got to see how i was doing i see all of the people i know and love fighting. these forums are a second home to me. i would call everyone my friend. its disappointing to see all of this hard work go to waste while everyone fights over this. WE SHOULD BE USING THIS ENERGY TO PLAY GAMES! THATS WHY WE ARE HERE. THATS WHY WE JOINED THIS CONTEST. TO PUSH BLENDER AND TO IMPROVE OUR OWN SKILLS. at least thats what i got out of it. thanks guys.

all 0f u r dum. ima eat sum pi. by.

Wise words :slight_smile:

gh123man, Thanks for pointing out where to play the game was at. I couldn’t find it after looking around the folders a bit. I was just gonna use my Windows machine. I prefer using my mac because the graphics card is much better in it. Most games on my Windows machine run like crap.

It’d be nice if there were other spreadsheets like that. I’d like to see what other people think about my game, and I’m sure everybody else would like to know what people think of their game too.

im thinking i may “copy” your idea and do a spread sheet my self (if you dont mind that is :wink: ) and just so you know the folder “gravity” is the glsl version and the folder “gravitylow” is the multitexture version. glsl looks so much better, and also sorry my resolution and detail changer is scripted to use batch files so it will not work on a mac :frowning:

eh I pointed out small things but they clearly didnt fully comprehend what I was saying so I got a bit more into the conversation lol. In all I just dont think this is set up right some of people dont know what they should be voting on and those that do are probably outnumbered by multiple accounts from one user. you need a a set of judges that arent making any profit, that have specific things to look for. or if you keep it with community should have a better way to vote and reinforce the minimum posts requirement a little.

Reg’d just to answer you. :slight_smile: Enough with the trolling, because that’s all you’re doing dude. I know you clearly have a love of Nintendo for whatever reason, but trademark infringement (Which is what Mario would be, a trademark.) is and would probably be handled by Nintendo.It’s actually required to defend your trademark or you risk losing it, but that doesn’t always mean squashing ‘every’ project.

i think everyone should chill out. mokazon i think you are doing a very good job considering how difficult this all must be to organize. good luck to everyone involved. except super blender galaxy.

@Wehrdo

Thanks for posting your sheet. According to the headlights, I simply forgot to add that feature of tuning them on/off, and wrote the wiki before. But this will be changed when I come home. The day/night cycle uses your time and date on your computer and then put it to the position of the racetrack and simulates the sun’s position according to all the data gathered. So try to play it at two different times and you’ll notice the difference. And I was running a bit short of time with the menu, so I couldn’t finish everything there up. And the resolution can’t still be changed in a .blend file. For the feeling of driving on grass when on the pavement, I think that it should be right as long as the ray sensors in blender works, while it’s them that calculates when the tires are over different properties and then changes the friction. Or maybe it’s just me that forgot those things. The time trial mode is in the “Quick race” on the menu. Get inside the car to see your lap times. Thanks to pointing these things out so that I can fix those things if I get some time over. I’am glad to hear that you liked it!!

Now, I wonder one thing. If we update our game during the voting, can we use it in the competition. I mean, it would only work out for those whe haven’t tested your game yet, or decides to test it again. So can we place new download links on the wiki, with an updated version of the game?

This number is not fair!
In the old blog in which older Vote:
GAGgc
I vote for Acer’s Aster. I’m not part of the aster acers development team, I’m just the web developer.
Blinkwing Treavaine the team is just a web designer, we have made the leader of this voting thing at this comment carefully and said our opinion!
Nothing is passed …
The team was so disqualifizirt because of the error of his …

At first I thought it was originasirt good, but now I think that because what’s wrong! Just think about everything due!