A Sound of Thunder (Name subject to change)

How old are you? I get the same response from my family - I’m only 13 though…

How old are you? I’m 13 and I get the same responses…

I am currently going into highschool, I was supposed to take my GED and just go straight to college, but my mom wants me to go to highschool too.

i like where ur game is going, btw if its any consolation i’m 14, in Australia i’m in yr 9 Highschool. but being 4ft tall through people off :(.

Lol thats okay, everyone thinks I am twelve.

Back on topic, I have started to change the graphics on the main menu from just black text, to a more… fitting, colour and font. I will post images as soon as the rest of the menu changes are done, in about ten or fifteen minutes.

Attachments

Everybody thinks I’m 15 0.o :slight_smile:

btw: The game is looking sweet! Keep it up!

That is a fantastic background for the menu!
Great job!

Thanks, but I am going to replace it with one I didn’t get from google whenever the first level is done.
However the font is here to stay unless someone thinks I should replace it with a futuristic font instead of a blood coloured graffiti font.

I do have a question too, I am trying to bake normal maps for my models, but when I bake them, they come out all screwed up. Example, there are multi-coloured triangles and almost none of the detail that was on the sculpt that I am baking the normal map from.

Just my 2 cents …

Good Job! I like the idea. I’ve read Ray Bradbury’s original story and like the concept.

Just a warning, though. Watch your copyright. Because the original story has been reproduced so many times, it’s difficult to acquire copy rights. My school tried to do a “fan film” (no money made, just a film making project) but we couldn’t do it because of copyright. Watch out if you’re especially if you’re planning on distributing this game.

Sorry if I’ve been a bit honest, but I don’t want anyone to go through several months of negotiating the copyright laws. Speaking from experience ;).

Keep it up, though. The idea is very sound!

yup, i’m trying to get the licensing crap over with before the game. (hell)

kinda off topic, but while we’re talking about copyright, anyone know the company that currently owns the rights to furby?

Since you’re not really following the story all that closely, just change the name and you should be able to avoid copyright woes.

The menu looks awesome (the 3d forest part)