ADDON: Move the UV from the 3D view

Yes, after copy/pasting your script update into the existing space_view3d_moveUV.py , i can activate the addon again (and it works too)

Great idea!

If you keep the old vertex moving behavior active while also performing the UV movement in the opposite direction, wouldn’t that replicate that functionality from that other 3d software?

super coool!

please take this script update for future releases too! :slight_smile:

First off, thanks for the add-on. It provides much needed functionality and I hope it eventually makes its way into trunk.
But, until then there is a very important issue to address: could you please make the “action mouse” (or right click, I use left click for selecting) event cancel the operation?
For now, left click (select mouse) behaves as expected, applying the changes, but both right click and the escape key don’t seem to cancel. The right mouse does nothing (a quick look through the script indicated that there is no behavior defined for it anyway), and the escape key works the same as a left click, applying the changes (although it’s set to return “canceled” in the script).
I’d do it myself and not bother you, but… I don’t know how as I have no coding skills :slight_smile:

Thanks!

YES! someone finaly made it. This is an unbelievably important feature.

Hey, Sorry im not experienced with codes and what not. How do I add this to my addon’s? and btw, its a great addon/idea, so thnx

In most cases, to install an addon, you can either open up Blender’s user preferences, navigating to the “Addons” category and click the “Install from file” button, or you can just copy the python file to Blender’s addons directory (2.6x\scripts\addons).

However, if you’re using 2.67, the script doesn’t seem to work anymore. It can be activated in the addons list, but the uvs don’t actually move when hitting the hotkey. As I recall, it worked in 2.66.

I see, well I hope we end up getting a nice tool like this, its great specially for noobs as myself.

Hi guys, I’ve modified the script slightly so that it allows undo.
I wanted to add the option to cancel by right clicking, but I couldn’t figure out how to do it. It’s probably stupid simple, but my python knowledge and coding skills in general are close to zero. Using escape would stop the operation rather than canceling it, leaving the uvs in the position I moved them and not returning them to the position they were in before I started the operation. So it was basically the same as confirming the move, but without the option to undo. So I opted to remove the “cancel by esc” option completely. It’s better to apply by clicking, then pressing undo, than it is to not be able to undo at all.
If anyone knows how to do it properly, I’m sure everyone using this great script would be grateful.

Full credits go to kgeogeo, the author of the script.
I hope it’s ok that I modified your script, kgeogeo. If it’s not, I’ll take it down. But I hope I won’t have to.

Thank you!

space_view3d_moveUV_1_1.zip (1.58 KB)space_view3d_moveUV_1_1.zip (1.58 KB)space_view3d_moveUV_1_1.zip (1.58 KB)space_view3d_moveUV_1_1.zip (1.58 KB)
space_view3d_moveUV_1_1.zip (1.58 KB)

Hi guys, I’ve modified the script slightly so that it allows undo.
I wanted to add the option to cancel by right clicking, but I couldn’t figure out how to do it. It’s probably stupid simple, but my python knowledge and coding skills in general are close to zero. Using escape would stop the operation rather than canceling it, leaving the uvs in the position I moved them and not returning them to the position they were in before I started the operation. So it was basically the same as confirming the move, but without the option to undo. So I opted to remove the “cancel by esc” option completely. It’s better to apply by clicking, then pressing undo, than it is to not be able to undo at all.
If anyone knows how to do it properly, I’m sure everyone using this great script would be grateful.

Full credits go to kgeogeo, the author of the script.
I hope it’s ok that I modified your script, kgeogeo. If it’s not, I’ll take it down. But I hope I won’t have to.

Thank you!

Attachments

space_view3d_moveUV_1_1.zip (1.58 KB)

Great addon @mem

Hi

First, thanks a lot for the addon!

I’m trying to fix some uvs for a creature (actually, the dinosaur from creature factory2), but often I get errors and blender will shutdown.
Ran it through terminal and it gives me this:

# Blender 2.72 (sub 0), Commit date: 2014-10-03 13:58, Hash 95182d1
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "(...).config/blender/2.72/scripts/addons/moveUV.py", line 92, in invoke
    self.l,self.uva = find_uv(context)               
  File "(...).config/blender/2.72/scripts/addons/moveUV.py", line 32, in find_uv
    vres = sv2 - sv1
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'NoneType' and 'NoneType'

# Error

Yes for sure do it as you want. Say me if you need some help
Bye

@kgeogeo

Thanks.

And I want to adopt GPL license on your add-on.
Is it possible to adopt license?

Looks useful, it’s on my to-try list! :slight_smile:

@kgeogeo & @Nutti

Thank you both so much for this!

Hi,

I ported this feature to Blender 2.8.
You can try it from the master branch of Magic UV.

Thanks

2 Likes

how do i use this in magic uv? does it have fall off?

@GloriaTheAnimat

This feature is still in Magic UV (The name is changed to Move UV).
You can refer the official docs.