[ADDON] Node Wrangler (aka Nodes Efficiency Tools)

Just saw the video. Cool! Great job!

This is extremely useful, it makes the nodes workflow a lot faster. No more dragging inputs & outputs. Thanks @BartekSkorupa!

You DA MAN Bartek! Thanks so much for all your efforts, I love that you added the ability to set up image textures with mapping so quickly and easily. Now if you could invent a way to quickly set up for compostiting shadows on a background plate, I and many others,would forever be greatful

Watched the video and it looked great. so I downloaded the .py file and put it in my addons folder. When I use it I received an error. I got passed the first one by disabling an reloading the addon. When I tried to merge selected nodes I got this error. I am thinking I did something wrong. Any ideas?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.66\scripts\addons
ode_efficiency_tools.py”, line 211, in execute
add = nodes.new(add_type)
TypeError: CompositorNodes.new(): error with argument 1, “type” - enum “CompositorNodeMixRGB” not found in (‘VIEWER’, ‘RGB’, ‘VALUE’, ‘MIX_RGB’, ‘VALTORGB’, ‘RGBTOBW’, ‘NORMAL’, ‘CURVE_VEC’, ‘CURVE_RGB’, ‘ALPHAOVER’, ‘BLUR’, ‘FILTER’, ‘MAP_VALUE’, ‘TIME’, ‘VECBLUR’, ‘SEPRGBA’, ‘SEPHSVA’, ‘SETALPHA’, ‘HUE_SAT’, ‘IMAGE’, ‘R_LAYERS’, ‘COMPOSITE’, ‘OUTPUT_FILE’, ‘TEXTURE’, ‘TRANSLATE’, ‘ZCOMBINE’, ‘COMBRGBA’, ‘DILATEERODE’, ‘ROTATE’, ‘SCALE’, ‘SEPYCCA’, ‘COMBYCCA’, ‘SEPYUVA’, ‘COMBYUVA’, ‘DIFF_MATTE’, ‘COLOR_SPILL’, ‘CHROMA_MATTE’, ‘CHANNEL_MATTE’, ‘FLIP’, ‘SPLITVIEWER’, ‘MAP_UV’, ‘ID_MASK’, ‘DEFOCUS’, ‘DISPLACE’, ‘COMBHSVA’, ‘MATH’, ‘LUMA_MATTE’, ‘BRIGHTCONTRAST’, ‘GAMMA’, ‘INVERT’, ‘NORMALIZE’, ‘CROP’, ‘DBLUR’, ‘BILATERALBLUR’, ‘PREMULKEY’, ‘DISTANCE_MATTE’, ‘LEVELS’, ‘COLOR_MATTE’, ‘COLORBALANCE’, ‘HUECORRECT’, ‘MOVIECLIP’, ‘STABILIZE2D’, ‘TRANSFORM’, ‘MOVIEDISTORTION’, ‘DOUBLEEDGEMASK’, ‘MASK’, ‘KEYINGSCREEN’, ‘KEYING’, ‘TRACKPOS’, ‘INPAINT’, ‘DESPECKLE’, ‘GLARE’, ‘TONEMAP’, ‘LENSDIST’, ‘COLORCORRECTION’, ‘BOXMASK’, ‘ELLIPSEMASK’, ‘BOKEHIMAGE’, ‘BOKEHBLUR’, ‘SWITCH’, ‘PIXELATE’, ‘MAP_RANGE’, ‘GROUP’, ‘REROUTE’, ‘FRAME’)

I figured it was something like that. I was able to code around it and get it to work, at least until I can update my blender.

Great work Bartek, is there a road map for Nodes development? As it seems to suffer API changes quite a lot!

My add on is up to date with the latest API. It works with latest builds.
I just got the first code review and waiting for second one from Campbell Barton.
If he says it’s ok - I have the permission to move it to trunk.
So it seems that there is a good chance that “Nodes Efficiency Tools” will be included in 2.67.

YEAH!!!

Whoo Hoo, alright. That’s great news Bartek. Glad to see your hard work pay off.

Yes!! good news Bartek, very good news!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
Nodes Efficiency Tools is in trunk!

Awesome!! Another reason 2.67 will be amazing :smiley:

congratulation ! :slight_smile:

Latest version: 2.22.
Changes in keyboard shortcuts to avoid conflicts that appeared after blender’s revision 55718.

Revision 55718 changed keyboard shortcuts for ‘Find nodes’ and ‘Make Links with Replace’.
(Ctrl-F for ‘Find Nodes’ and Shift-F for ‘Make Links with Replace’)
Those changes caused shortcuts conflicts with Nodes Efficiency Tools ‘Link Active To Selected’.
New shortcuts for 'Link Active to Selected are as follows:
BACK_SLASH - call ‘Link Active to Selected’ menu
K - link to all selected, don’t replace links.
Shift-K - link to all selected, replace links.
QUOTE - link to selected when node name matches, don’t replace links.
Shift - QUOTE - link to selected when node name matches, replace links.
SEMI_COLON - link to selected when outputs names match, don’t replace links.
Shift - SEMI_COLON - link to selected when outputs names match, replace links.

‘K’ key is used as it’s the last letter of ‘LINK’. QUOTE and SEMI_COLON are used as they are close to BACK_SLASH that call main ‘Link Active to Selected’ menu.

Thank you and thanks also for the vids.

Latest version: 2.30.
See changelog: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php?title=Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Nodes/Nodes_Efficiency_Tools/Changelog

Additions:
Link node to “Output” with ‘O’ keyboard shortcut.
“Output” is either ‘Composite’ node when we are in compositing nodes or ‘Material Output’ when we are creating shaders.

Detach Outputs: This detaches node’s outputs leaving all inputs connected and smartly re-linking all other connections.

Added keyboard shortcut for ‘Copy Label from Active to Selected’ - (Shift-V)

Hi there.
This addon won’t enable for me.
Blender 2.67b … Kubuntu 12.04+
Let me know if you need any other info.

sadly there is a problem with 2.67b, it will be fixed in 2.68

I am very sorry for this. I made a mistake that resulted in crashing it in Blender 2.67b
The solution to this can be found here: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Nodes/Nodes_Efficiency_Tools
Those who use trunk version of Blender won’t encounter this issue. If you are using only official releases then unfortunately you’ll have to use the workaround that I showed you or wait till version 2.68.
I apologize once again.

Nodes Efficiency Tools now has a new name and several new features.
“Nodes Efficiency Tools” have been merged with Greg Zaal’s “Node Wrangler”.
We decided to change the name of the Addon to “Node Wrangler”. For the time being we will be using this name:
“Node Wrangler (aka Nodes Efficiency Tools)”

Check out all of the new features:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/Nodes/Nodes_Efficiency_Tools

Hello, I’m ingoenius (we spoke to Blender conf)
I wanted to ask if you could look at the opportunity to make a Hide et unhide the visibility of links in the windows of compositing this would make it much more 'leggibilie the screen with large bundles of nodes
Thank you for this script even if I can not install it on 2.69
BY