[Addon] Wazou's Pie Menus

Ok cool !

I did not make pie for particles right now, sorry.
But it’s a good idea :wink:

Right now, I added an apply/clear transform pie !

“Tranforms” at the top apply in one clic location/rotation/scale.

New pie !

A select Pie to select objects and components as fast as possible.
Shortcut A

https://youtu.be/SPloDEEJgEY

My shortcuts are identical to Blender, but pies changes the workflow, it’s weird first, but really great ^^

Oh Boy! You read my mind, the first selection PM is almost the same that one I was designing. So good. Congrats. But don’t you think we need Random selection in Edit mode?! I think so.

I’m working these days so I have no time but I wanna design one PM for Timeline actions and another for a few actions that I think we all use a lot, Loop cut/Subdivide/Unsubdivide/repeat last/remove doubles/smooth, etc.

PD: Sticky keys are really necessary and make PMs less disturbing for first time users.
PD: PMs are the best thing that have happened to Blender in a while.

Little Update !

I have add a search menu in the header of the 3DView.

I don’t kinf the good KMI command to change the shortcut of the search menu.
If someone have an idea :wink:

The Pie Animation With Alt +A

I need to fix the command of the Auto Keyframe.

Pie Texte Editor with Ctrl + Alt + RMB

You are a blessing @pitiwazou. Most of your pies are really intuitive (to me at least) and add a lot of speed to the workflow!

My only humble complaint would be the “A” shortcut for selection: while it puts practically all the selecion options avaliable at a single-key + gesture (which is great to have), it can get quite annoying if you are very used to the double-A, because it leads to drag the mouse upwards two consecutive times. It’s a pitty that the operator itself is not just additive so we can have a “select none” operator or something like that. So, if you come up with a way to make the pie behave additively it would work more like one would expect when doing the gesture while thinking “I want to select everything”, IMO.

May I ask for that “hair comb brushes pie” again? :slight_smile:

…and to change the default “retopo pie” shortcut to not the RMB? :smiley:

Thanks and please, keep going!

I will try something :wink:

For the shortcut, you can change it easilly, so don’t hesitate :wink:

For the hair comb pie, I will do that whan I will make hairs.

New pie !

Save, open, import , export etc, with CTRL + S

The incremental save works fine, it increment automatically the file, toto_001, toto_002 etc.
Thx to my friend lapineige for the code ^^

I just tested out the incremental save function, and this happened :confused:

the file is named “dude_hair2.blend”. Perhaps the script is searching for the first _ or something?

Hope this helps improving the code!

Indeed, I have the same probleme with the same name as you.
Try to rename your scene, dude_hair_001.

It’s better to use _001, _002, _003 etc.

I never thank you for the delete pie pitiwazou, it worked great. The save/open pie is also very useful… I think, I already get to use to this pies, I am quite faster. The only thing that bothers me a little is that we loose the toggle function of some shortcuts. But the inconvenients are very little compared to the benefits, I think. Thank you, I hope this pies get better and better.

Thank you :wink:

Happy you like it !

Update of the align components Pie.

Yes @servapunk, we need sticky keys.
@Pitiwazou have you added the PM with the adding meshes options?

And one question, how can I add just the last PM you made, not rewriting everything because I change hotkeys and positions in th PMs. Do I have to redo all of this every time you add a new PM?!?! Oh f**k!!! XDDDD

You can copy the class I added in the last version or copy the class you changed.

A pie meny for the add meshes will not be as usefull as a floating menu I think.

I was talking about the PM you did for RMB but I already check that this PM is not in the addon (I think).

BTW, don’t know if I repeat myself but I recomend Viewnumpad menu on RMB. Sooooooo fast.

Ok, indeed it’s a different addon ^^

Ahh, ok, I didn´t realize! Thanks!! I will try it right now!

Nice done i’m testing it here!

great job pitiwazou!
with a wacom your pie make the work incredibly fast
my only problem is i can’t shift select, the sculpt pie appear instead
i think your pies should work with default RMB select…

@pitiwazou Great set of tasty pies! Mecri beaucoup!

@gritche just go to the user preferences and set the shift RMB to crtl+alt rmb or any other option that fits your workflow.

The sculpt Pie on the RMB is a good idea, I will make that.
I have to check if the RMB works for other things before.