Advanced GLSL 2D Filter demo

Nothing seems to work on my computer, except for the “skies only” function. Have anyone managed to make it work on a macbook pro?

thank you very much for sharing your awesome work :smiley:

for info: in window approx. at 1024x768 I’m getting ~50fps without filters… with all filters on I got ~13fps
running on nvidia 9400 onboard graphics with shared 256MB

ha, great but not working on my laptop with ATI mobile X1600 neither (same glitches than described above) … will wait for accessing my desktop with nvidia to see this marvel…
Some dev could look into it for the future and see what’s the problem with ATI cards … would be great to have it inside of trunk code.

lovely - very inspiring

thanks for posting the blends

gives me motivation to work on my project now

Obviously I am using it in my prototype.
I’m disecting it all, except for the ground, moooo ha ha ha ha!

Incredibly good work. Just one problem, the sun behaves like a flash light, if you are too much to the side, it will show this beam, that makes it a bit irrealistic. But all in all it’s brilliant, keep going.
(Bites his fingers with a big grin and drooling : ‘I can believe he did it!!!’)

Well very good stuff really. I was very angry because of this, but now i am really happy about it. Well, I have worked on the same project. I asked for hours on Blendpolis and Blenderartist on irc, but no one really helped me about this problem with Godrays…Hm Ok nevermind it works :wink: Please have a look at my project and hopefully we can develop together on it beacause thios would be more interesting and better than working separately. If you are interested please send me an Mail to [email protected] or send me a PN.

My thread is here http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=149406

Greetings Mathes

Hi.
I am new to Blender and this community. Very impressed with the app and with what you have done.

Looks great!
Cheers

Absolutely incredible. I’ve seen some good stuff in Blender, but with these everything’s been surpassed. How hard was it to write those shaders?

I got a solid 110fps with nothing on, and with everything on it went down to around 45. I’d say that the bloom is a little intense, might consider lowering somethin. I’m running an OCed 8800gt, an Intel Qx9650 (3ghz quad core extreme), and 4gb of RAM.

-Sam

None of the filters worked on my ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro, I am using a mac computer, which could be part of the issue. Professional games manage to work on both nvidia and ati cards, so it should be possible to do the same with blender. Good work Martinsh, too bad ati is so picky. I have vista Installed on this computer, so I can check to see if the same issue occurs with windows drivers. I’ll edit this post in a few minutes.

Edit: Getting the same issues as sim88 on vista, with the same card as on mac.

Doesn’t work with 9600xt either. Hangs… Need to close using TaskMan

I get a max of 11 FPS. My graphics card is a Nvida GeForce 8400 GS. When I bought this graphics card aprox. 2 years ago, the store clerk said that this was the best there was. And that it would probably be top for a couple years. I have a feeling he had no idea what he was talking about.

Oh and, :open_mouth: OMFG AMAZING :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
(They really need a jaw dropping smily)
BTW I’m using Vista

@Joe_Stevens:
I have a Nvidia GeForce 7950 GTS and I have 40 fps. 1440x900 resolution (without effects)

The demo run very smooth, but the volumetric effect dont work properly.

Some effects dont work either

1. SSAO - I cant see anything, only a gray color.
  2. A minimal change in the view.
  3. The light scatteing, dont show properly.
  4. I not have a mouse with wheel. lol
  5. Work
  6. Work too

Im using Kubuntu gnu/linux, I need to change a Windows mode to see if drivers thing.
Ah and the last SVN 19539M 2.48.3

Your feeling is right.

It works perfect on my 8800GT

INCREDIBLE

I’m curious as to why this runs differently on ATI’s cards. Obviously this is a big weak spot in the BGE, and if people ever want to be able to make any sort of games for the non-blender community they’ll run into problems. I know that my game, which literally only uses GLSL for shadows, absolutely fails on a medium-end ATI card.

What needs to happen?

Great looking stuff. Just wanted to add my “oohs” and “ahhhs” to the crowd.

I’m getting these small black things all over the place on almost any big scale scene, should it be fixable with lamp settings?

And in the DoF thread from a few days ago there was an ATI compatible example presented. I still blame ATI but maybe there is a work around for the other filters too?

yeah well we try to manage to … and it’s always a pain in the ass !! :spin:

martinsh, would you marry me?

I’ve got a NVidia 8600 GT and after messing up the whole file I get about 11 fps, with the effects.
ATI has a different architecture. If you go to GPU Gems, you’ll realize tha most OpenGl/ GLSL are Nvidia contributions, so they need to be written on ATI specific language. These programs tell the GPU what to do dependently of it’s architecture, since ATI does things a little differently, they generaly don’t work. It’s common occurence in the game industry. Check the ‘Infinity: the quest for earth’ site under development and see what I mean.