Artwork by Mikael Kallioniemi

Tried to do something semi realistic yet cartoony. Done in photoshop.

Just a sketch of a undead soldier, done in photoshop

It is very good. Congratulations!

Thanks!

Tried Artflow on my Samsung tablet, very good software, I liked it better than sketchbook Pro, though I only tested the free version, where you only can have two layers at once. But other than that, I really liked Artflow. Here is what I did, slightly inspired by studio ghibli

Sons of Anarchy based helmet with Opie Winston on the side. Painted using airbrush and Posca markers.

A new project, Judge Dredd. All done in photoshop, wip :wink:

Awesome work! I really the one with the clouds which I quoted above. Very nice atmosphere! It gives off a sunny, windy/cool feel.

Thanks, Im glad u liked the atmosphere in it!:slight_smile:

Im done with my Judge Dredd painting.

Here is something new, some kind of landscape:)

Something new. Started out with a sketch on paper then inked in Krita. Moved over to Photoshop for coloring and background. Still WIP, character design very inspired by Michael Turner.

Inspirational stuff Mikael! Your work is fantastic - how did you get Angelina’s skin to be so photo realistic? Also thank you for posting your Judge Dredd WIP, I always find it fascinating to see other people’s workflows.

Very nice work throughout.

This got me thinking about the G’mic colorize feature. Have you tried it? I tried it with your lineart and it’s pretty neat, although your lineart is solid for the most part which makes it easier to colorize in any program, but maybe it could give a headstart with future stuff.

Of course, I will not publish the video if it’s not ok with you. Can also remove it and probably will anyway since it was just a test.

Thanks! Im glad that you like my WIP:s and workflows! :slight_smile:

I did the whole Angelina Jolie on sketchbook pro on my Samsung galaxy note 2. I started out with a sketch, freehand. Then i put the original photo on a layer on top of my sketch. Just for correction and to see how my freehand sketch matched the original picture

Then I started to add color and build up her face. Began with one base layer and then used one or two layers on top adding stuff and merging with the base layer. I dont like to work with too many layers, so i´ll try to keep it simple and only use three at a time for her.

Doing the same as the picture above, one base layer and one or two test layers. I added a backgroundlayer. Keeping it simple.

When I was happy with the colors and blending I started to add more details in different layers, merging down to the base layer. Very time consuming, adding dots all over the skin and highlights in her hair. Playing around very much with the opacity and different layer styles so you dont get that painted on feeling. Going for realism.

And when i felt done, or became bored :wink: I signed it, transfered the picture to Photoshop and did some light color correction.

Hey, no I have not tested it . I must definitely do it for the next project. Thank you so much for the tip .

I have no problem with the clip , i’m just glad u put down the time to help me.

I did something similar but painted all different areas , but your way seems smoother

You’re welcome. I heard it first from David Revoy who also uses split layer feature to get a new layer for each color http://www.davidrevoy.com/article247/krita-2-9-comic-coloring-tutorial
I just needed an excuse to try the colorize feature :slight_smile:

Hey thanks Mikael for posting your process on Angelina Jolie, awesome. I’m fascinated that you managed to achieve this on your Galaxy Note and Sketchbook! When I tried using Sketchbook Pro on my mobile I found that I couldn’t get the accuracy I wanted using my finger tips and also there was no pressure sensitivity.

I looked up David Revoy , very good artist , inspiring stuff, thanks for that too:D

Hi, thanks! The samsung note 2 has a pen and wacom digitizer screen with pressure sensitivty. Painting with my fingertips would be to hard for me too:)

Here is something new from me. Painting on a canvas using acrylics. Some kind of semi abstract style

Nice abstract piece Mikael, you are very skilled at capturing form and lighting. Looking at this I see a child (maybe a girl), drenched by rain but unbowed. It tells a story.

And thanks for the info on the Samsung Note 2, I was unaware that it had a Wacom Digitizer screen! It’s like a mini Cintiq Companion :).

Well thank you so much! I think lightning is very hard, and coloring, something I think I struggle with in all of my creations. Yeah, the samsung note is very neat, but I would love to have a wacom companion or a microsoft surface pro :slight_smile:

Finished of these two paintings, used Photoshop, Krita and some Blender.

Beautiful work Mikael! I really love the sky in your Ronja piece, the angle of the clouds gives it real drama, fantastic. Looking forward to more.

Yeah I’ve been looking into the Surface Pro as well but they’re really expensive!