Artwork by Mikael Kallioniemi

Thank you very much, I think its hard, but its cool to be able to create some kind of drama or emotion in a painting.

Yeah I know, but at the same time, cheaper than a wacom companion. But yeah, to much money for me now, just to have a digital sketchbook.

Got inspired to do something with fist of the north star. Nostalgia. Great anime and manga. Done in photoshop.

Man I loved that film! Brings back fond memories for me. Awesome work Mikael, you’ve really capture the post-apocalyptic atmosphere of the movie.

Thanks! Maybe too dark?

Got inspired of a tutorial to make some kind of logo, retrostyle :slight_smile: photoshop and illustrator

And this is a wip on a character concept. Photoshop

I didn’t think it was too dark, I think you got it about right for the tone of the movie.

I like the logo, it reminds me of the eighties and the character concept is looking good. Nice detailing on the fingerless gloves, I tried doing these recently and missed the fact that they have gaps on the back of the hands, you must have referenced them well Mikael.

Thanks,
I still don’t know, on my primary screen it looks nice, but on a couple different of screens I think its just a little bit too dark.

Thanks, yeah, the more reference, the better :slight_smile: Love the eighties, everything from art, movies to music haha:)

Here is the final one on the character concept. All done in photoshop.

Sneakpeak on my new project :wink:

Played with some color on this character concept

Some more progress on my true detective painting

Looking good Mikael! I’m lovin the True Detective piece :). You’ve got the body shapes and poses looking really good. Looking forward to more dude!

Thanks! Not really done yet :slight_smile:

Some kind och demon. Just sketching around in photoshop…

Great sketch Mikael! You’ve done a particularly good job with the skin - it looks kind of evil and oily.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Here is my True Detetective painting. Done in photoshop: