Avial Online, 1.4.6 released!

Hey guys, here’s an update. I’ve been working pretty hard. I now have some of the important stuff saved to an external file, such as, player info, their items, things like that. Here’s a couple screenshots. Hope you guys are still interested. Its coming along, just a little slow, but as fast as i can go though.

All the “bars” are setup and working. Can only show the EXP bar at the moment. When i get the npc to fight back. The HP will update.
When ever the current exp gets to the level up point, the bar starts back at the bottom.

May I ask where’s your game graphical approach would be? As in, the graphical style. Are you aiming for western-ish medieval like WOW? Or Asian MMO like say Final Fantasy/Lineage?

I’ve always been wanting to be in a part of game dev project, but lack of coding experience (and education), considering I’m a design student. If you’re going for the Final Fantasy look and needing a designer for that, i’d like to apply :smiley:

Here’s my dA -> http://keichris.deviantart.com

Though i’m working atm so i may not dedicate time as much as you but still lemme know if youre interested :smiley:

Actually i would love to go towards Final Fantasy. I just lack the skill to think/draw up stuff in that nature. I can model what i see though.

But, if you have anything that you would like to contribute, just send me a PM on here.

I like those screenshots :slight_smile:

I appreciate it :slight_smile: I’m gonna give the “NPCs” a unique human appearance. So, they arn’t staying what they look like now.

Here’s and update guys. I added an HP bar to the Goblin guy. And changed the NPC’s to a more scaled size Human characters. Also, when the NPC’s get added their model will be same each time the game is loaded. And every NPC that i make will have a unique look :slight_smile:

Here’s a screenshot:

Hey guys I’m still working on the game. But its going to look like not much progess is being done. And the reason for that is because I’m redesign how the player/clients move and get moved. Then I can enable dynamics on the main player so people can do more things in the movement area. Ill keep everyone updated.

Hi nitro,
best to get a good redesign done now rather than later.

Hope to see some more great screenshots, If youd like I cancontribute to the gui, tell me what you need and what sizes and I shall provide to my ability,

Cheers,
Allan.

Your exactlly right. If I do it now, it’ll be so much easier to implement it into all moving things now then later. Haha. A point and click can still be used. But the main reason of change is to also have the clients do things like going up hills or not go through things. The way I have it now. Is, the clients track to position and move to it. But that introduces no clipping and other problems which would be a big issue later.

Ive just noticed that if you keep it low poly it could be like an old school runescape, you know, when it was still cool ahaha, showing my age a bit here xD

I dont wanna go so low poly that it looks like the very first one :o haha

aha, im gad to see a sense of humour on these boards :smiley:

Dont forget to keep us posted.

Yep :slight_smile:

I’ll try to have something to post by tomorrow.

Wow, this project is flying!
What kind of network setup are you working with? Did you try connecting to a computer through the internet? Could you share some of your username/password setups/code?

What’ the aim, storyline, of the game? RPG, like in Dungeon Siege, Diablo? What happened to the first game(previous version)?

Yes, my server is being ran on a standalone script. And my brother and i are renting a VPS, so i had the server on there. And i could play the game. So yes. The username/password is just a normal a “if equal do something”.

for exampe:

if username not in client_list:
…client_list.append(username)
else:
…if client_list[username[password]] == password_input:
…do something

More or less, the server just checks the input with what is stored on the server. Really easy to do.
The game will just be a standard RPG. not sure what kind of game to put it in.
The first game? I’m still on the same one, i just done a lot of redefining. And now, im going to with the WSAD type movement.
This will allow for much easier client handling and i could actually make the game look 3d. Before, the players could walk through anything. I just had it to where the player/clients was static and they sorta “slid” to the spot. I’ve learned a lot that’s for sure.

Well, i’ve been working on the game all day. And i’ve managed to get a basic movement down using the keyboard. Did away with the Point and click. Now using the Arrow keys. I’ll be able to put in the physics tomorrow then start on some basic land for players to walk around on.

The players and clients moves without the “lag effect” but, right now it does a rubber band effect. And that’s because of the FPS rate between the games on different computers. I’ll add in some more code to slow down the clients so help reduce it.

Getting closer and closer to having something out that you guys can get on and check out. Leave comments! Thanks.

It’s looking pretty interesting, nitro. Nice work so far. I want to ask what you mean by the FPS rate between the games on different computers - isn’t it running at a constant speed?

The frames per second on the computer i use, is above and around 25 or so. my intel 4 500mb ram computer doesn’t really like the alpha textures much. But my amd dual core laptop, doesn’t mind, so the game runs at about 60 most of the time.

Hey guys a quick update. Don’t worry i haven’t forgotten about you guys. I just haven’t had a screen shot to show. But right now, i’m working on some visual stuff. Got an island started and just doing some stuff like that. I’ll have a screenshot up soon though.

The alpha to be released for everyone to get on and play is coming so stick around. Leave a comment or two. :slight_smile:

Also, i’m doing some changes to how the clients will move. To make them look better again.

Don’t forget to salt and hash your players stored passwords.

Also, are the health bars (not the main ones) in the 3D enviroment or placed in front of the camera?