Avial Online, 1.4.6 released!

Ya ill try to figure something out for that. The gui is an overlay scene. The goblin one is in the current scene.

Here’s and update of the environment that i’ve been working on. Players will start out on the island, and will have to talk to a greeter NPC. Before the gate will open for the player to explore the island.

P.S. The game will be going towards the fantasy/futuristic type style.

Ahh, looks much better :slight_smile: Good luck!

Thanks :slight_smile: I’m trying to think of stuff that i can make. The environment will still get many graphical changes and what not.

Hey guys, still working on the game. Since i’ve changed the way on how the players move. I’m updating the combat style. The way the clients move have also been changed. To make them respond more accurately. At the moment, they could possibly go through something if major lag occurs. But for the most part, they move good.

Also, i’ve made a walking animation. And it looks decent “Animations has never been my best talent in blender.” The walking animation works on the player and also on the client. So no more sliding :smiley:

The Gui has had some reworking too.

Just been busy with work. But when ever i’m home, i’m constantlly on working on the game. Here’s an updated screen of what the game looks like.

P.S - Yes i know my character doesn’t have a face. XD

Also! Check out our new site in my sig below. Sign up and leave a thread in the introduction. And when you join the game. You will get an exclusive gift :slight_smile:

seems to be very difficult ! amazing!

Well, i’m not gonna lie. But yah, it does have some very challenging moments. I’ve been working on it for little over a month everyday that i get the chance. I’m hoping to have the alpha out in the week of Christmas. So, sometime before the 25th.

But thanks for the interest :slight_smile:

There is still time for you guys to get on the site and get an exclusive item/bonus. :slight_smile:

How did you get a working chat box, I am just intrested is all, Do you know any good GUI tutorials Nitro?

I use a plane and have tbe ‘Text’ copy a certain position on a list. And sorry I don’t know of any tuts. I make the image and use an overlay scene to show it.

Here’s an update of what i’m doing. Been working on an weapon wielding and an inventory system. Works pretty great. Adding new items is pretty much as simple as, making them. And putting the info on the server of what it is. I’ll be working on a quick combat with the hit points being based off the weapon’s stats + the players stats. And the delay for the next attack will be determined by the type of weapon. Last but not least, heres the screens:

Looking good man!

Agreed with Allan, progress is great :slight_smile:

Hey, thanks for the complement. I still have to make different attack action for the different type of weapons.
After i get a little done on this combat with the npc mobs. I’ll put in some code for the clients to have the weapons in their hand.

Added a 1st person option to the game. And redid the 3rd person layout some. Movement keys are now done in WSAD. And to open the ChatBox, you just press Enter. and to close chat, click on the ground. Which would make your player able to move again. Also, on the 3rd person, i put in a zoom capability.

Did a little work to the HP bar for the monsters. If you see the HP bar, then your within attack distance. The attack distance will be based on the equipped weapon. Also, i added a Current Percentage of exp to level up, on the exp bar on the bottom.

First off, Merry Christmas everyone! :slight_smile:
Heres a little teaser on what i’m doing.

Hope im invited to take part in Alpha testing :smiley:

Of course. Allan. :slight_smile:

Did some changes to the registration.

When changing between user/pass/email inputs. It checks with the server to see if the information in the box is being used on the server. So players will know if the username is not being used. If the password matches. And if the Email is not saved on the server.

Do you write the login info to a database / file?

Yes, when a player registers. The server opens a player info file. Inputs the information, saves, then closes it.
Then, when the player try’s to login in. The server sees if the user/pass, match what client sent.

Do you need people to make models / texture things for you? I’m sure a lot of people would like to help.