BG contest - were the moon landings faked?

DONE… nailed it…
DAT ear… nailed that too.

also ignore the left eye… shrinkwrap won’t work.!

FIRST CHARACTER… first facial sculpt… no one comments
:’(

cries real tears

anyway… just wanted to announce that wow… i fucked things up… to speed up my shit ther’ll only be this character. then another character but just changed proportions and hair… that would be a totall different person right… would save me alot of time don’t you think?
tomorrow i’ll get started on the astronaut… since nasa is a good guy they actually have official references for people like us.

time is of the essence… so to speed things up i downloaded a model…
CALM YOUR T**S, i know the rules… no third party shit allowed i get it…
but i’ll will retopo it… simplify it… ad some wrinkles to this retopoed bitch and we are good to go…
today i rigged mah man…

this is my first time experience:
-weight painting is such a time consuming b*tch… it takes hours to do it… there’s no simple way… you have to do it.

some of you will say
“aww man your model is already complet and downloaded… and now you rig it so there’s no use to retopo it since now it’s already done…”
but the model i downloaded was in some sort of selfie pose… so in order to retopo it and sculpt it i had to get it into the T pose.
don’t worry this just a reference.

okay… now i won’t post any update on characters but instead will get started on the set
so my main scene is inside a cooler tower (the one on which wolverine fights in x-men origins)
so here is the scene setupped showing you the exact scale of things via brick shader

also… i am afraid this project will go down…
i have only one week left untill i will go away one a trip so i am not sure if things would be left incomplete… but just for the sake of completeness i will make the final render so huge that all that detail modelling won’t be requiered which would save me sometime.
nevertheless if this project won’t finish in time and i have things incomplete… i would still continue it for the sake of my website.

and i don’t have any PLAN B so… yolo.

so sorry for the last update… was not finished.
i mean im still not finished but yeah more progress

if only some mastermind could guess the scene i’m going for… but heck it’s only something my mind can understand.
any guesses people?? i’m feeling lonely with this thread. :frowning:
(seriously someone comment… i don’t care what you comment. comment anything watermelon, potato IT DON’T MATTER…)

Potato Powered Spaceship :stuck_out_tongue:

le me show you some moon surface

DAT SMILE THO!
and now if you can’t guess the scene then sir… i am so sorry… so i will give another clue soon

:evilgrin: smile! :evilgrin:

mmmmmwwwwahahahahahaha

It almost looks like a pancake… [or am I just looking at it to long]

doesn’t matter… one does not simply memorize the exact type of terrain from just a photo of it.

sorry yesterday a storm

so i got some stones and there are some stones… what say? too few or too many?
anyway don’t matter

so i ran into a problem yesterday…
everything is going as it should be… its just that i ran into some prob that to make some things noticeable it needs like 1500 + samples…
i for one… never exceeded 500 samples for any of my render…
so if shit goes down i might just have to send my file to someone among you guys who can render that many samples.
will ya all help?

I think this is gonna be cool…

thanks man… appresiathe it
okay so modeled this old camera

how’s it?
no i don’t actually care how it is… keepin it real low poly so avoided many cylinders

okay… i give up.
seriously… i will come back next week but by then it’ll be too late…
i’ll try to finish it up but don’t raise any good expectations… if this is not complete on time i will just use it as a big ass image for my portfolio and this project will still continue…
sorry guys…
you probably won’t see my entry in the competition…
good luck to anyone who had chosen the same topic.

To Andrew: if you are reading this then extend the competition by 1 week or so…
c’mon even the companies don’t mind project submission delay…

but really… you can do that… you have the power… watch batman.

Agreed, those cameras look typical for 1969… and that’s the whole point…

That link shows the Apollo TV camera that was developed to send back video (and pictures) from the moon. The technology that went into that camera enabled us to have the sort of cameras we have today, including the thumbnail sized camera in your modern smartphone.

I’m all cool with this thread with one exception. Why does anything dealing with the moon have to include the whole “hoax” B.S.?

The OP is obviously younger, and wasn’t around during the Apollo days, which is OK, most people alive today weren’t back in '69 when we first landed on the moon. It’s obvious because he doesn’t know what mylar is… the “gold stuff” on the lander. That material itself, which was used to insulate the propellent tanks inside is basically a thin film of plastic with an extremely thin layer of gold deposited on it by vaporizing the gold in a vacuum. Gold is a tad expensive, so modern “space blankets” or “thermal blankets”, or “emergency blankets” as they are called these days use aluminum instead of gold, but the function is the same.

What bothers me is that there is an increasing number of people who at the very least “have doubts” that we went to the moon. Much of this can be attributed to a Fox Network television broadcast that was presented as if it were a documentary back in 2001.

Landing a man on the moon was by far the greatest achievement of the 20th century, and those of us who lived it are troubled by the fact that some people believe it was hoaxed. Despite the fact that dozens of countries around the world with whom we shared the physical evidence confirmed this fact, including Russia, who we were in direct competion with to get to the moon. Beyond that, those, like Gus Grissom, Ed White, and Roger Chaffe, who gave their lives in this effort would be insulted by the accusation that they were part of some so called conspiracy.

If you want to have a space related project… I’m all for it, but try to loose the “hoax” part, as it’s insulting to the 400,000 people who spent 9 years making it happen, some of which lost their life in the pursuit of it.

It’s for the Blender guru competition http://www.blenderguru.com/new-competition-what-really-happened/

DUDE!!!

ITS A F****NG PIECE OF ART… NOT A WHOLE HISTORY LESSON… GEEZ.

I’M NOT MAKING MORE OF THOSE “PHOTOSHOP FAKES” TO PROVE SOMETHING RATHER DECENT WRONG… I AM MAKING IT BECAUSE…
BECAUSE IM BATMAAAAAGHHN .

either way… im gonna assume this reply is simply a troll… or someone don’t understand the term “contest” very well.

so…
anyway…
let’s ignore that for a mo…
IM BACK
AND LAZIER THAN EVER…
SEE MY ENTRY IN THE RESULTS LATER
GOTTA GO.

How about having a movie scene of the moon landing, but the set is built on the moon. That would be funny and who could really get mad at that.

Any incredible human endeavour gets attributed to aliens or supernatural causes. Just look at the Pyramids for another prime historical example. :slight_smile:

pranavjitvirdi, good luck with this! :slight_smile:

that’s what i am saying!!! such theories get famous because of a good enough reason… if they were idiotic in any way they wouldn’t get famous. but as the theories are smart and clever and taken in with every official fact (which some people don’t get).

thanks bro…
anyway…
some updates fro ouy

now i have to start somethings…
-wooden crates
-packaging paper shit or something(those which say “FRAGILE”)
-some old ass monitors
-wires and wires everywhere