Bidirectional interior with Yafaray

@Slyporkie:
It’s a Yafaray rendering ! But your mistake gave me the idea to make a BI version of my scene,… why not ? I never did an interior rendering with BI, so I think it’s a good oportunity to make it.

Thank you so much for the comparison!
Seems like cycles can do the job…

I’m not an expert with Cycles

Just imagine if you whore…

I’m also curios about the times…
It’s was easier to set the materials in cycles with the realtime preview?

Oh yes, sorry I forgot to tell you more about settings and rendertime:

Cycles settings

All renderings are 2048x2048 px ( Yafa, Cycles, and BI soon). Cycles: 55mn, Yafa Bidirectional: 8h45mn, Yafa PM: 1h30.

Thx Utopia780 ! Yes it was quite easy to set the materials, I’ve got a 460 GTX 1Go,… pretty powerfull and cheap !

Cycles in 55 minutes and Yafa for 8+ hours and not much difference in quality? Not good news for Yafaray. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s my first rendering with the Bidirectional method of Yafa, so I’m sure to have not configure it well, but maybe with better settings it should render during 4-5h ( only with CPU, Cycles render was made with my GTX 460 and its 336 processors !). Yafaray Photon Mapping is pretty fast too, IMO.

Yes it’s 55mins with GPU rendering. Also the integrator max/min settings are so low. Try doing a render with 128 to everything. Then let’s see.
I bet with CPU it would take a few hours. Oh you haven’t mentioned what CPU you have…

@reC:
CPU: i7-2600k, 3.4GHz, 16 Go Ram DDR3, win7 64. Here a first test with BI ( and node compositing), 29mn rendering:

Nothing is perfect here, with BI you have to cheat more than Yafa or Cycles !

@Riofranco

I think the ‘problem’ here is that you are just too talented, hehe, thus your BI render look better than most users Cycles renders… ;D

Damn!

Didn’t expect those results from internal!

I hope your making money from CG… you deserve it.

LOL - I just love that statement. :smiley:

Can you actually deserve to make money off CG? :wink:

LOL !
Thx for the compliment Farmfield ! But I guess I can do better with internal :wink:

Utopia780_ Thx, I make money with CG ( sometimes, not enough IMO), but times are tough ATM !

Maybe I will make 2 kinds of comparison, an exterior and an interior architecture vizualisation with BI, Yafa and Cycles !

Rio,
Everyone said the truth: You are a master!

The only thinh I would play with and change on the BI would be ambient occlusion distance and color. You need corner shadows.
After that only masters will notice that’s a BI render…:eyebrowlift:

The render(s) are really nice. I really like this athmosphere.

Hi, Rio. am one of your fans at yafaray. I would like to mention that i don’t like the BI render the shadow and light under the tabe/cupboard thingy.
another question I would be happy to know its answer. how did you make the stitching on the chair edges. and can you give a hint on the material of the chair… I just Love it too much :smiley:
as I said on yafaray forum before that you should be the yafaray official tutorials creator now I add to it Cycles too :wink:

Thanks allan !
I was sure to be able to have better results with BI ( and a better shadow under the cabinet :wink:

Incredible results! Congratulations!

Next challenge: Bidirectional interior with… MS Paint!!

ehehehe…

Very good work Rio!
What’s next?

Is it just me or isn’t that last BI render the most photorealistic, hehe? :wink:

I just love this, pure proof that it’s all about the artist and you can fake reality as well as you can simulate it - and it’s no doubt harder to get that result in BI than in Yafa or Cycles… There is only one term for it…

Craftsmanship.

Very impressive Riofranco. :slight_smile:

Awesome work, Riofranco!

As someone asked, it would be really interesting to know integrator settings and render times of the scene.

Cheers!

Edit: ooops, nevermind, information is right there.

Great work Riofranco !

I’m happy to see that you’ve been starting using Cycles as well :wink:

Kind regards
Alain