BlendLife 2:SpindleRift- Engineer

Frank thanks. and testing…

Yeah, never mind. I guess I don’t know either :slight_smile: title stays as is =P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/spindlerift/Face9_3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/spindlerift/Face9_4.jpg

Some adjustments to the skin texture, fixed the eyes and gave him a shirt. Second image was to show the collar… + plus I get a kick out of the mustache.

Well, I’ve decided to revisit this project. I’ve been working on some clothes for him. Will be going in a different direction with the clothing than I had originally planned. Would love to hear your thoughts/suggestions.

Some Leather Work. Still have some detailing/weathering to do, but I think its a definite improvement from the “sofa leather” armor he had before.

this looks really good, i loved looking through the transformation of the head and how it changed so much with each upload…clothes are also looking good :smiley:

Thanks peter18. I’m hoping to go as far as riggin the guy, but we’ll see how far I get before a different shiny object catches my attention.

Its looking nice :slight_smile:

Little more leather work. Added a tome case, some flasks, and am starting on the straps. Also been messing more with the leather texture.

A really good specular map pushes the realism, so spending a bit of time getting that aspect perfect helps a lot.

I love your head, lots of character and personality. the head is good but the body itself looks too small for your head. I think you should check your proportions using your head model as a measure. The biggest thing that is standing out to me is the width of the torso at the shoulders and at the waist both look too narrow.

For some reason I keep thinking this guy would look awesome as a Cossack. He reminds me of the kind of characters you see in Ilya Repin’s paintings. Bald, handle bar moustache and with a mean look.

Thanks for the comments.

tyrant, your absolutely right. I’ve been using a Makehuman body as quick reference for the clothing and proportions, but I didn’t cut the head off, so I scaled the head up some in the previous renders to hide the reference head. Since you’ve brought it up, I’ve separated it, moved it. here he is with a properly scaled head.