BProjection,

terrific new paint projection tool. much easier than the existing one. this will surely be a great help to texturing UVs. One question though, I am a win7 32bit system blender 2_62.3 r45364, the alpha function does not seem to work. I have tried it on the 2_62 trunk and the same prob. What am I doing wrong.

Thanks again for the addon.

To use the alfa function it is necessary to ativer the GLSL shading

Thank you. Would have only figured that out by accident, I’m sure.

Works very well, great addon, only i can’t rotate viewport straight, object is always tilted.

Mind you with numpad shortcut 2, 4, 6, 8?
Because it’s not done currently, but when you want to use that, rotate the plan as you want and after make mouse wheel up and mouse wheel down.

This is awesome, thanks so much for this contribution! This rounds off all features i need! :slight_smile:

Just one quick point, i’ve noticed that using the maya keyconfig gives different results than the blender keyconfig does. The Bprojection plane behaves as though not locked to the view and can be rotated around similar to a regular plane in the scene. Perhaps i’m not using the latest version?

I downloaded the one from here today…
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/3D_interaction/bprojection

Thanks!
Aidy.

yes it’s normal because i change the key map config to hack the view rotation, pan view and zoom view.
Maybe i’ve to look if there’s maya key config or blender.
I’ll look that tonight.
Edit:Actually i’ve test and it work normally. I’m currently on OSX but i’ll try tonight on windows and ubuntu

Ah, thanks for the quick reply, I forgot to mention that i was using Windows 7.

Is there a way to change the keyconfig preferences for the Bprojection in case a user had the pan view and zoom view mapped to something other than the blender or maya options?

Thanks again! :smiley:

yes, i’ll write something in the wiki page that can help to change the keymap.
But currently i don’t know how i can find and copy the key map user preference.

Cool,

I usually edit the keymap preferences in by going to File > user preferences… (or Ctrl Alt and U) and then to the ‘input’ tab.

There’s 3 buttons at the bottom, save as default, import and export that can save out those keymaps.

If you open one (any exported or imported keymap.py file)up in a notepad editor you should be able to see all the options there too.

It is also possible to alter them in the outliner by using the pull down menu and selecting ‘keymaps’ too.
:slight_smile:

Hope that is helpful and not redundant and completely not what you were asking! haha. I feel it may be!

Absolutely fantastic! :smiley: I will test this as soon as possible.

I need some help to solve that,

bpy.ops.object.create_view()
        # ----------------------------------------------
        # XXX, this isnt future proof, DON'T USE INDEX's - campbell                    
        km = bpy.data.window_managers['WinMan'].keyconfigs['Blender'].keymaps['3D View']
        km.keymap_items[3-1].idname = 'view3d.rotate_view3d'

What can I use instead index?

I’ve make a lot improment, don’t need to be in location 0,0,0 anymore , all the operation are now fully in 3D, It bring a big improvement in accurancy of rotation, scale around 3D cursor.
Now i’ll looking to make key config compatible with all key config(blender, maya…)

woohoo! I was just trying to research some of this for you and here you are right on it! Good luck with the key config! I can’t wait! :smiley:

I try to do my best for key config but really hard to make something stable.

i didnt even know that you can use the move/liquify to change the shape of the image for texturing. this is very good.

Actually yout don’t change the image, there’s a subdivide plan, you sculpt it and the texture follow.
Good trick

This seems really great! A very nice addition to the existing projection paint. This reminds me a bit of Mudbox texture painting which I tested out recently.

A friend of mine was wondering if there would be any chance you could add an anchor brush to this like the one that’s available in sculpt mode?

Thanks for your work! Much appreciated! :slight_smile:

Hey guys anyone can tell me why the projected texture modifies its position everytime i use the brush ? :frowning: