BProjection,

I’ve added a function like fast navigate for rotating, panning the view.
But also for ajusting the plan with the short cut, only shortcut not in the panel

this is wonderful stuff - thank you for your work

an important point for description …

pane -> paning

pan -> panning

it could become important to make the distinction

regards
ws

Help!ubuntu11.10 blender2.63.13 r48282 not select the plug-in!!

I’ve also ubuntu 11.10 and it work nice.
Can you report what is write in the terminal.
I will take a look.

I’m trying to enable the BProjection addon, but I get this error msg:

File “H:\BlenderSVN\install\win64-mingw\2.63\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py”, line 274, in enable mod.register()
File “H:\BlenderSVN\install\win64-mingw\2.63\scripts\addons_contrib\space_view 3d_paint_bprojection.py”, line 1312, in register createcustomprops(bpy.context)
File “H:\BlenderSVN\install\win64-mingw\2.63\scripts\addons_contrib\space_view 3d_paint_bprojection.py”, line 336, in createcustomprops Ob.custom_active_object = StringProperty(name = “custom_active_object”,default = context.object.name)
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘name’

This is on a current trunk build.

Thanks

Hi, I am getting errors as well…
I am on win7 and using the latest windows 64 bit build (2.63 r48324).

Starting with a new scene, I add a cube, uv unwrap it, apply a uv test grid as texture, switch to texture paint mode.
When I click on ‘add projection plane’, a plane appears in the viewport but I don’t see any of the options in the properties panel (open, apply image, plane properties, scale, etc).
The only option that appears is ‘Change Object’, and if I click on it, I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\blender-2.63-r48324-win64\2.63\scripts\addons_contrib\space_view3d_paint_bprojection.py”, line 910, in execute
bpy.ops.object.mode_set(mode = ‘OBJECT’, toggle=False)
File “C:\Program Files (x86)\blender-2.63-r48324-win64\2.63\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py”, line 180, in call
ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
TypeError: Converting py args to operator properties: enum “OBJECT” not found in ()

Is this a bug or am I missing a step while setting things up?
Thanks for your great work kgeogeo!

@debris and Jaktens tid: I think you have to download a very recent build
http://builder.blender.org/download/
And download the last addon in the wiki
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts/3D_interaction/bprojection
Let me know if it work better, if not write again the error message.
I ask that because I always work with the last svn to make my code.
Tanks

hi kgeogeo, the error I got was with the latest build for windows 64 bit. I tested with the space_view3d_paint_bprojection.py provided in the build as well as with the latest one from your wiki. They both gave me the same error that I described above. Thanks for looking into this!

hi kgeogeo, I have been able to make it work. I don’t know if you are aware of this, but the addon has to be enabled after the object on which you want to paint on is added to the scene. If I enable the addon before adding the object, then I get the errors that I described above. I did these tests with the latest build of blender (r48391). I hope this bug is an easy fix! Thanks!

I like this plugin but let me make what I hope will be a constructive critisim. This script needs a written tutorial. watched the videos mentioned at the beginning of this thread. They are good but in the first one it is somewhat hard to follow what the creator is doing becasue there is no audio and no screen cast keys. The wiki writeup at http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Ex…on/bprojection is really minimal.

@Jaktens tid: great found, I’ve solve it, you can download the last one and test again, it should work.
Thanks for report
@SHABA1: i will look in the near day to do this tutorial, but really for audio I don’t think I can, ùaybe I’ll will ask help for someone here.

Great! No more errors. However I am not able to correctly paint my source image onto my object. I right click on my source image to sample it, but when I start painting on my object it is only painting the color of one pixel of the sampled image. Is this a bug or am I missing a step to be able to clone paint the area that was sampled?

First You have to set ‘CLONE BRUSH’ I gess you have ‘DRAW BRUSH’ selected.Second it not right clic but ctrl left clic and it move your 3D cursor, actually the clone is pick up from the 3D cursor. Or your UV unwarp is not good.

Oh I see. It works perfectly, thanks for your quick answer!

you’re welcome

The wiki says download here, but when I click on it there is no “download”. I see a page of python code, which I copy (all) and try to paste into the proper folder. but it doesn’t show up in the User preferences/ addon/ paint.

I’ve also copied it into the text window of blender and tried to run the script from there, but I get this error in the console window:
AttributeError: 'NoneType" object has no attribute ‘name’

Is this because I am not saving the .py file with the right name?

Some progress, went to the download page and saved it using the File/save as… And completely new name showed up. Saved.
Opened Blender/ user preferences/ addon/ paint/ and there it is ! However, no matter how hard I click my mouse it won’t put a check in that little box to activate it. hmmm…
any suggestions ?

This is what worked for me, using Win 7 (64 bit). Deleted all versions of Blender, saved files to thumbdrive.
Installed 263a from official blender site ( with installer version)

saved python script from wiki by [ File/save as/ ] with default name ( to the desktop)

Opened Blender with new file/ preferences/ addons/ paint/ and clicked on bottom install addon / went to desktop/ choose the addon

Now Shows in Prop. panel ( N )

Note: for some reason putting the python file into either folder mentioned at the wiki s did not work for me. I had to have the preference window “grab” it and install.

this is so cool ! thank you, dear developer :>

This addon only work in 3d view.