Building house blender tutorial - added two new tutorials!!!

Hi,
In case you have missed it, here’s a resource that can be handy (and all the others that are in the responses too):

Here’s my first attempt:
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/5250/renderteste1yr1.jpg

Comments are (very) welcome :smiley:
Best Reagrds,
Jorge

Jorge,

Thant looks awsome! I like the detail with balcony above the entrance, with the two little roofs. The roofs really make it look interresting. How did it go with the roof? I remember you were asking a question about that…

If you were looking for some tips for improvement opportunitunities…three questions popped on my mind…

Why si the right side of the main roof different, than the rest of the house (and the two little roof)? It looks like this side si going straight up, whereas the other are in angle.

I have noticed dark gray (sort of diry) faces bellow the roof, around the garage, entrance and balcony. Is it on purpose? If not, you might look if there are no two duplicated faces on the same space. If it is in one mesh, removing doubles would help. If this is two objects, just delete the face on one object. Checking the normals might help as well.

And last thing - i’d check the light setup for the sky dome. You can see shadows from the individual lights (especially on othe wall left from the entrance). You might increase the blending for the lights, or turn of the shadows and use ambient oclusion instead, or increase number of samples if you do it with buffered shadows.

Anyhow, looks great. Well done :slight_smile:

Hi
The roof isn’t finished yet because i still want to talk to the architect and clear out some doubts. However i followed your tips and did what I think it’s supposed to be :slight_smile:
Right side of the main roof: my bad, forgot the move the top vertex :o
Duplicated faces, yes indeed. In fact as soon as I posted this picture I went after those gray grainy faces and found out to be overlapping faces.
Light is definitely one (among many other) thing that I have to dedicate more time in experimenting and reading and experimenting again.
Thanks for your tips!

After some adjustments (still very far from finished)
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1998/renderteste3ue5.jpg
C&C very welcome
Thanks

Hi,
Earlier before I asked what would be the best method to build the roof top.
Since I had some questions about it, I asked the guy that made the architectural drawing and he kindly modeled it in sketchup, exported it to 3ds and send it to me so I could see clearly what the main goal was.
Here’s the file.
Best regards,
Jorge

Hello blenderheads,

I moved the site with tutorials and the material works script to http://blender-house.spaces.live.com. I have also uploaded an updated final visualisation - check it out!

The videos are hosted on video.msn.com server. The good news is, that it shall be more reliable and it supports streaming. The bad news is, that the resolution went down a bit, so the quality is not as good.

Gerald at http://www.squarecubed-r.com has kindly uploaded my video tutorials in original quality to his FTP site for download.

e-mail him at [email protected] for a personal user name and password to log in and download the files.

I also consider having the tutorials available on DVD. If you are interested, leave a note on the blender-house.spaces, I will look into it.

Cheers

Bruxy

Hi Bruxy,
When you talk about the DVD what do you have in mind? just the 3 video tutorials or something more?
BTW, I liked your bathroom, with the dark tiles; how about a tutorial about the bathroom and the large windowed area on the ground floor?:stuck_out_tongue:
Great pics!
Best Reagrds,
Jorge

Hello fellow blenderheads :slight_smile:
Just so there is no misunderstanding. The videos of the house modelling and rendering that bruxy created and has so kindly offered to the community can be downloaded from my FTP site for FREE.
I think they are excellent quality and that is my way of giving itty bitty thanks back to the cummunity
Thanks everyone and thank you bruxy for the videos
Gerald

Nice to see these videos up front again. Thanks again Bruxy for taking the time to put these together and offering them here. I would also be interested in a DVD - let me know how we can make it work. Also …I hope to post some of the student projects completed for our “drafting room re-design” using the video material as a tut/template for our project. My students are just wrapping them up.

gurus,
give me a link to download the videos. I am on firefox.
thanx in advance
chela69

Hello Chela69,
E-mail me at [email protected] and i’ll give you a user name and password for downloading. If you don’t know how to access an FTP just ask and i’ll give you step by step intructions.
The reason I’m having to do it this way instead of simply providing a download link is because I’m having hosting problems, but they are still available via my FTP.
Thanks

Have you looked into vimeo? (IMO) It’s the best free solution for sharing high quality video.

http://www.vimeo.com

500meg per week upload quota.
Up to HD 720p (1280x720)
Provides a download link for the source video (if you want).
Password protected (if you want).
Slick embed player.

http://www.vimeo.com

They are bruxy’s videos. Maybe he would like to consider doing that. Sounds good, though
Thanks for the info, Larry

Is there anyway to download thise to your own computer so you can view them offline.

i suggest filefront.com as it is unlimited space/bandwidth as long as it has relevance to games.
so this comes under designing the games :wink:

any thoughts, id happily upload if bruxy agrees.

//charlie

gerald1245,
I e-mailed u for the videos. What happened,man?:frowning:
chela69

Sorry Chela69,
I’ve been very busy. I just sent you an e-mail on how to access the videos.
Please bear with me. This is the best that I can do until someone decides to post them with a download link.

uploading now for everyone;)

if gerald could give me ftp for the 3rd file it would greatly help :smiley:

//charlie

oops double post :S