Challenge #420 (04/03/11) CLOSED

I may not have time, but i’ve two concepts which are nothing like what’s been suggested… and as writing this i’ve just thought of two more…

Fading World
[ATTACH=CONFIG]131258[/ATTACH]
All except the background is pure Blender. Background image from ( http://jyesmith.com/a-digital-perspective/ian-rumsby-black-holes-and-digital/
The render has been composited.

BOOYAH! Good topic. Me like. I’ll try to think something up.

:smiley:

Here’s tonight’s quickie. If I get time i’ll do the one I was intending to…

http://www.avidfish.com/stuff/edge_pre.png

I’m not sure i get your concept Rarebit.

here is my entry. this is my final entry. critique and comment please.:yes:

I would be cool if maybe you put some grass in, or change your backround.

I haven’t played in a while, but here’s mine!

background image
ocean material
tentacle texture
tentacle tutorial

Total Effort by CrashDaddy: negligible :eyebrowlift:

…does it look like my tentacly little friend is drowning…?! http://forum.bluerook.com/images/smilies/eusa_wall.gif

Can this one be mine?

CallinStuffDoneTooEarlyDaddy

How many negative internets do I win for forgetting what is probably the only rule

This is my final image (no time tomorrow)

When you’re on a spaceship you can walk to the edge of the world…

Blender spaceship, 2 hour build using the discombobulator.
Background is made in the gimp, and added afterwards, so it is probably the “open” category.

Attachments

I’m not sure i get your concept Rarebit.

I think I do. A heart beat is the edge of the world… Think some more if you still don’t understand

Same here! Lack of time (it’s Carnival weekend here in Switzerland, partee! :wink: ), and a concept that’s nothing like what’s been suggested… So I’m curious about what you’ll come up with, and… I think I’m in for an all-nighter later tonight! :slight_smile:

Some interesting work this time round, i’m not entering personally but i’m looking forward to seeing this…also,sdfgsdfg, i believe it’s still in the pure catergory, as long as you made everything this weekend by yourself and all the modelling was done in blender. (is that how it works? im not even completely sure…but that seems to be MY definition of PURE)

Well, the heart has just stopped beating (as indicated by the flatline), oxygen content is decreasing throughout the body, this is the crash point, are they going on to the next world or are they going to be saved and brought back to this?

You might have even more trouble with my next entry! :rolleyes:

@ sdfgsdfg, very good, I thought along similar lines too, but rather a satellite with transmission lines bouncing back and forth… Outta this world man!

I’ve always classed as making textures as pure. I did use to state I had used GIMP, and I did try to make most textures with Blender, but in most case’s it is just impractical and textures are generally essential. For me, it’s about the weekend challenge! A small time based challenge…

Personally I just use it for the inspiration to do something, hence why I don’t mind classing entries as open or non participating!

Don’t worry Rarebit i know exactly what your entry is, completely understood. I don’t think i will put an entry in this time around, i keap saying to myself that i won’t, and then i come up with ideas…and then i forget them…life is harsh…

let me tell you a story…
when i was young, i travelled far, many miles away from known civilisation.
i came across many a bizzare thing, but this was by far the most frightening, surreal and tourmenting.
as i travelled into distant lands. the colour was seeping from the grass, and the grey clouds were bleeding colour onto everything.
i came across a town. no-one spent much time out thier houses in this town, so it was quiet, very quiet.
i spoke to some locals who had seen me approaching. they said their was something that stole the happiness from this town.
they said it was up on black hill. so i went.
black hill has earned it’s name, and as i came to the top i realised why. there was a thick pipe, old, rusted, like a sewage pipe.
except this pipe was open, and i could feel it sucking the life from my skin. the grass around it had died and the soil was black.
so i decided to follow this pipe. i wanted, through my young curiosity, to see where it lead.
so i set off. i must have walked for two weeks. as i went, the ground flattened around me, and the grass became sparse.
eventually there was only rock underfoot, and the wind was cold, biting my fingers.
then i saw it. there was a big orange box. it had other tubes from other places contributing to it, and it made a noise. a brittle, screeching, painful noise.
as i approached it, i saw that there was a cliff. but this cliff had no bottom. and over the edge of the world this machine poured its product:
boxes.
boxes of happiness that had been compressed and burnt and destroyed.
and i knew this happiness would never return to the world.
so i ran back, across the land, past the village, past my home, and onwards. i wantd to put as much distance between me and this evil as i could.
but i knew that eventually, no matter how far i ran, the greyness would catch up with me, and eventually devour me, no matter where i hid.
has it caught you yet?

The Mechanism At The Edge Of The World

Are you the budding writer Casio? (Or was it a quote, if so, from where? I thought it was 9 at first!)

I like it, nice take on the topic too…