Classic Books thread

It’s a great concept which produces series of very funny pictures. Literally books themeselves :smiley: Keep booking another themes!

LMFAO
nice job

I just stumbled upon this thread and it made my day. Such fun images to look at, I really hope you make more soon.

These are great :smiley:

I have finally done a new one! I avoided Moby Dick for ages because the sea scared me. But i decided to give it a go.

A lot of post in pixelmator for this one to get it to look how i wanted, but if i’ve learned anything recently, it’s that knowing when not to use blender is a good thing.

Hope you like it.

Who knows, maybe 1984 is coming…

EDIT: Updated pic to make the whale less glossy, plus a change to the net.

Attachments

I’ve caught the book bug again…

Here is 1984.

I try to something new (for me) in each book pic I do, this way I keep learning. In this one I learned about Lattice deformation. How had I not known about these before? they are great!

I may be able to squeeze one more in before i’m back at work and busy again… maybe ‘Alice in Wonderland’

Attachments

New Classic Book pic done and you don’t get any more classic than the Iliad. Complete with a (sort of) accurate re-creation of Achilles’ shield as described by Homer (sad, i know, but it made me smile). And, no, the wooden horse does not appear in the Iliad, but how are you supposed to do a Troy image without a wooden horse?

I learned a lot about DOF in this one, mainly how you can get away with the illusion of detail. Most of the army is just a plane with and image and an alpha channel.

May do one more before going back to my Mill project…

Attachments

Crime and Punishment. An amazing book that you should all read. You probably need to have read it to understand any humour in this image but i had to do it as it is one of my favourites. In this one i learned about Volumetric lighting and dust particles. subtle but effective i feel.

Attachments

The iliad is awesome…

War of the Worlds is the best. Hahah!

Cheers guys :slight_smile: , those two are my favourite as well.

Frankenstein… I played with fire in this one, again i used post-pro to do it as it seemed a much easier way to get the result i wanted, i did however use blender to get the reflections in the eyes and the lighting right.
For those of you who do not know the actual story of Frankenstein, this is the part where Victor Frankenstein destroys his second creation and his first is not happy about.

Attachments

Your work is deeply inspired me. The book is awesome character and my best one is the War of the Words. The Kindle stuff is ubercool. Keep up the good work!

Thank you atomrafika, i’ glad you like them :slight_smile:

Jane Eyre… i didn’t think a Classic book collection would be complete without one representative from this genre. Decided to finally try an outdoor wooded scene for this. I’m not 100% happy with the results but i leant a thing or two from doing it.

On to the last one in the series: the Hobbit. i’ve put this one off for ages because i couldn’t think of an image that would look like i’ve taken it directly from the films (Lord of the rings and the Hobbit). i think i have an idea now though.

Attachments

I love these! Can’t wait to see more.

Cheers raygau! I’m only doing one more then i’m forcing myself to stop (there are other projects that i want to work on, plus i’m fast running out of ideas). That’s not to say there won’t be a ‘history book’ series in the future… :wink:

Last one done!

Not 100% happy with this one, but it’s time to stop doing pictures of books and do something a bit more challenging i think.

Hope you like it :slight_smile:

Attachments

I like these so very much! I have been watching this thread quite a while now. Lots of love in here :smiley: Keep em coming!

greets

hahaha, i especially liked gulliver’s travels and troy
ur creativity is off the hook :slight_smile:

You rule at this, dude. I love every single one of these! I’m not sure that you did justice to the Hobbit, but come to think of it you summed it up pretty well with a scene from Riddles in the Dark. :smiley: Keep it up!!!

I never knew this thread existed… I wish I would have seen it from the start, because it would have been cool to guess which one you might do next… But with that said, what a clever and fun idea this has grown into. I applaud the uniqueness and creativity of this whole project.