Classic Books thread

Thanks for the comments guys:)

they are not the best example of art or skill on this forum but the were great fun to do.

and I can’t help but think that, after I finish my enigma machine and mill project, that the books may return…

Books on film?..

i would have to say the Illiad and 1984 are my favourites… and, i must say, i do rather lean toward Gulliver being tied to the beach. it’s always a comical picture, especially when he’s surrounded by tiny books with beady eyes.

this one is really great! :smiley:

Cheers guys. Nice to know these are still liked.:slight_smile:

Keep it up Monk :smiley: These still inspire me.

the hobbit one is great!! i second treasure island! :slight_smile:

These are all really great. Have you tried mocking some of them up as books? PSDcovers.com is a great resource to help this.

Thanks for sharing.

Hahaha I really enjoyed the posts! what a great project you’re working on. I saw this thread a while back, you’ve added stuff since than! great job! love it. as you say, it;s a simple concept tech-wise but it is so much fun. Great idea

I’m just another one of the many who just found this long after the fact but finds it too awesome to not comment. Great concept, great execution. The Iliad was my favorite. Bravo.

I’ve looked at this a couple of times it’s a really fun idea keep them coming. My favorite has to be War of the Worlds with the e-readers from mars.

WoW is the best.

Hobbit’s hilarious because that book totally looks like the creep Gollum is.

How did I miss this thread? Great concept and execution. Love the eReader in WotW.

Steve S

:slight_smile: cheers guys.

i can’t believe this now has 5 stars considering the poor quality of the renders (they are amongst my first ever). But then, they still make me smile.

i will go back to this (films this time) but I have other projects to do first.

thanks again for the kind words. :slight_smile:

Films? We gonna see VHS tapes battling next? :wink:

Okay, DVDs or BluRays… VHSs are more booky, though.

Having the tablets be the invaders was really clever

Very good work! Congratulations!

Wow, this is a blast from the past.

Cheers ismaelfuentes. :slight_smile: