CubeSter

Love this addon. Super fun to play around with.

Can’t wait to try the new animation feature, Thanks!

Excellent neon-tastic fractal Meta-Androcto.

Attachments

Nice. Used it to start a recreation of an old C4D quickie.

Awesome stuff!

@Capnsnazzy I just added having blocks with varied positions, so you can check that out if you want.

Hi.
I found this:

He shares an script, see description on youtube.

Just sharing this in case you think it may be useful to create some sort of map or something like that to be used with your addon :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing!

Awesome Add-on. Love it.

Attachments

Awesome pictures!

I can’t look at this stuff and not hear this song:

Basic audio visualization can now be done. Still haven’t worked out all the kinks and this method takes a very long time to run, like about 2 minutes for a 3 minute song with 125 blocks. I hope to figure out how to speed this up, but currently I can’t.

Initial audio visualization, to-do’s are to figure out faster way to convert, and decide how to handle colors.

Hi.
It looks good. Here’s a little test on Blender 2.76b (I get error on 2.77). The video does not have audio to avoid licensing issues, I used the beginning of “Highway To Hell” by AC-DC so you can get an idea (recommend opening in chrome/chromium if you can not see the video):

I think the process does not take a very long time, I think people could wait much more time as long as they get good results.
I think your addon has a lot of potential with this, much more if you find the way to mix cubester image and audio, making the single image dance at the rhythm of music :slight_smile:

I agree, there are a lot of possibilities. I love the idea of animating an image with music. Currently I am just trying to get the basic process worked out and try some experimental options. From there I hope to expand it and apply those techniques to other things. Hopefully in the following few weeks it will improve and be a little more stable.

Three Question:

#1 Am I to understand that this only works with Cycles Materials
#2 if #1 is true why was the option not to use BI materials made?
#3 I unziped this into /blender/scripts/addons, and I can see the the CubeSter0.4 folder is there but it does not show up on the user preferences addons panel anywhere?

#1 Yes, only cycles
#2 Lack of time, also I don’t think everything is supported, but I can look into adding them
–EDIT-- it is possible to get everything working within BI, I’ll try and get that sorted out.
#3 This is a single file add-on and not a module, so you need to click “Install From File” or whatever the button is.

Version 0.5 was just released!

• Meshes can now be created from image sequences
  • Updated UI, grouping similar items
  • Added support for animated vertex colors for use with image sequences
  • Improved time estimation based on collected data
  • Added audio visualization, including block color coming from image/image sequence
  • Blender Internal render engine is now supported
  • Audio visualization mesh can be rectangular or radial

My next goal is to implement a method of creating quick colors for audio based meshes.

An audio visualization done using CubeSter:

Help Jacob! thanks for your awesome addon, I think it’s not working in Blender 2.78

Not working in what way? Using 2.78a, I was able to create a mesh from an image.

Sorry Jacob my mistake, I just installed it the right way
unzipped the Cubester.py into C:\Users\Blender\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons

Thanks