Dead Cyborg EP1

I donated 12 dollars to you throughout your site abc123; I also am using your game as an example of what dedication, time and perfectionism can do together with BGE(a remarkable game), so new users can get inspired. I am doing that at the first post of the thread below from the blender brazil community(just an image linked to your site); let me know if you do not want you project to be shown at the brazilian blender community.

http://www.blender.com.br/forum/Jogos/86577-Vai-criar-um-jogo-Leia-isso-antes%21.html

nice graphics tho!!
great job,congratz

Great job!!
i watch the trailer and i think that it is the best game that made by bge!

Very professional, awesome game, I just had a hard time finding the first acid spray thing. Interesting scene,too. If only that is what the future would look like. 5/5 for me! :RocknRoll:

Wow! That is one cool game! I wonder how long did it take you… and were you working on it alone?

Just DL-ed the Mac version and about to give it a go.

Not sure if someone’s mentioned it already, but my guess for the Blender Foundation not promoting this is the following passage in copyright.txt:

This is a free to play game, but not free to distribute.

Not really in the blender spirit.

The developer sacrificed a lot of his time and energy to design and create this game. The fact that Blender is open source does not exclude the creation of copyrighted and/or commercial assets. He is just asking that no-one will distribute his work without his consent.

And I feel this project should be celebrated on Blender.org’s website as a completed game project done in the BGE.

thank you guys

can somebody make a torrent, using the latest version (v2)? this: http://deadcyborg.com/deadcyborg_episode1_v002.zip
(or all versions in one torrent?)

I am stupid for torrent…

I can recommend the linux ubuntu default torrent client: Transmission

or utorrent

It is very easy to create a torrent with these programs(you can also seed/distribute from them), it will be half of your problems solved; thought about the tracker subject which seems to be needed I have no idea.

the game is great. i just have one question. ho do you make the game into a .bat file? I would like to know b/c i just finished a game and people have been telling me that they have been unable to play it as an .exe thanks

Thanks for making this. It demonstrates well what the engine is capable of. I’d have a few suggestions on what to improve, but I guess you’re working on something else by now :slight_smile:

Does it work in 2.62? I can’t play the game for some reason…
Help! :frowning:

Open ‘start_game.exe’. I got that problem too!

This game was epic! Unfortunately I had to look at the tutorial often, but even so it was just amazing! The scale of it was immense, the graphics stupendous, and that’s when I had it on B/W mode! Awesome! Every time I turned a corner I was terrified and the storyline was gripping. Great game! I actually play this instead of Quantum of Solace now!

I can’t wait for EP2! (If it comes out :wink: )

I will definitely consider donating; it’s a great game and well done!

EDIT - I saw the Easter egg in level 3; read the urn! :slight_smile:

I can’t find start_game.exe in the .zip file. Only blenderplayer.exe and start_game.bat…
I really want to play this game so help please! :frowning:

Sorry; my bad. It’s ‘start_game.bat’! Facepalms

It isn’t working…
I open the start_game.bat then it pops up a console but then it closes…
:frowning:

You’re using Windows, right? Batch files (the kind that end with .bat) only work on Windows, to my understanding. If you’re using Mac, there’s another download on the homepage, if I recall. There might be a way for Linux, too - if not, you could just use the blend file. So, what issues do you have with not playing the game in Blender - does it simply not start up?

I’m using Windows…

Yeah. I tried opening the .bat file but it doesn’t play the game…

your game need new features

why your game so bad?? ((

Idne, if this game where bad it would not have 5 stars on the thread at all, dont be an idiot, you are probably just sabotating the thread, give me a break!