Fantasy town: update 26.4.

its great, really amazing, only thing i dont like is the roof of the tower on the left, it looks as if it should stick out a wee bit from the side if you know what i mean, but apart from that i think its brilliant, i think the textures make the greenery and the sky stand out more, making all the little detail stand out more

Dude, it’s unbelieveably well done. However, to me, it seems a little unreal. I think that it lacks some shadows and a central light source. It would look really cool if you added some people walking the streets or guarding the wall

This is a beautiful image. It reminds me of a detailed video game. Something I would like to see in the near future. Extreme HDR video games.

I like the overall colour tone, I am looking at ART, woo!

great stuff, 4 stars from me

ps. was that some awesome use of nodes in this picture? =D they rock dont they!?

I like it! It is sort of Minas Tirith-ish. Sort of.

Again thanks for replies:o . Here is a litle update.
biger image, added some people,shadows

Attachments

Overall its coming along nicely. But the color of the roofs blend in with the building foundations. The roofs should be a darker color. It looks unfinished as it is.

That guy in the corner looks nice. Can you show more of him, please?

agree with womball. roofs could stand to be a little darker, or a different color so they stand out a little more. redish tiles maybe? i dunno. great work

-XrQLz :stuck_out_tongue:

womball,xrqlz: that was realy final image , sorry:)
henrymop:here it is (lowpoly - about 900 faces without subsurf)

Attachments

nice work! how did you use the reference image? I’m working at a similar project in these days and have some problems with the perspective…

I’m working on an ancient city project too with only a few good reference images. So it would be nice to know.

allepax, robin: I have wrote a small tutorial, hope it will help you a bit:) .
http://www.myfilehut.com/userfiles/54930/tutorial.rar

Thank you!
I was trying to place the reference image in front of the camera, and to draw the horizont line, the two points where all the horizontal lines ( in the perspective) converge, and the measurement points; but according to your images, I suppose that you have worked without assuming a rigid geometrical reference. is it right?

allepax: sorry for late reply - you are right, i have worked only with one reference, the picture geometry is not very well done.

great city? As mentioned before, I think its the white city from lord of the rings

Yep. It’s Minis Tirith in Gondor. Excellent image.

Dude, you modeled Minas Tirith!!! Awesome!!!

Yarpen, could you please re-upload your tutorial?
Or could someone who has it, mirror it?
I’m sure there’s a lot to learn from it. Great work! :smiley:

EDIT: hope it’s not too late, since we’re bumping into a thread with quite some time on its back.

Nice Minas Tirith – the rock texture is a little blured…normal map?