Fantasy town: update 26.4.

wow thats great

it’s pretty cool get some other shots that r closer and put a dragon or something in there

I think this render would of looked great at HD resolution :smiley: :smiley:
Great stuff :slight_smile:

WOW cool it looks like an super painting my dad tought that is an pciture on pencil.SUPERB RENDER

I really like your picture. It draws me into that wonderful feeling of open space and stone.

One suggestion - if you punched up the contrast so that there are a few dark areas, then added a glow effect to let the bright areas really shine, I think you’d be happy with the result.

Again, great job. It obviously represents a lot of work.

hey,
can you provide the blend file?
or explain how you did the lighting and the textures?

hey guys,
where’d you go?
need some info on how you did the city.
how did you do the textures? how were your lights set up? etc.
cgi

why won’t anyone reply to this thread?

Hi guys,
thank you for comments and sorry for so late reply. Please take my apologies, the tutorial was stored by imagefilehut that doesn´t exists now. This project is very old and i deleted "making of … " from my computer long time ago :).

Oh, thats really too bad! Very nicely done.

hey,
well, can you at least explain briefly how you did the lighting and the textures?
and do you not still have the blend file?
cgi

The lighting is simple - as i mentioned i used one lamp (sun light) and AO with hdri map. Textures were made from photos and modified in photoshop. The most work were made then in postprocess (i worked with several passes - glow, ao,… ).
I´m not planing to provide the .blend file yet - sorry .

could you go into more detail please?

TO cgi master: He’s done some nice work, but you sem frantic to learn how he’s done everything. He’s telling you that it’s nothing complex - lighting, textures etc. 12 minute render - that means a pretty straightforward scene. I don’t mean to take anything away from his work-it’s very nice. I’m just saying there is nothing super ground breaking there. Once again, not everything has to be. It’s a nice interpretation of an Allen Lee painting.
My advice to you is to figure out what makes you nuts about the scene and try to copy it. Read some texturing and lighting tutorials. The reason that scene works is that it’s a nice composition, with well modeled buildings. All of those basic art techniques I do’nt hear discussed much.
Also, he’s not going to just give you the model. He worked hard on it. Ok, that’s my rant.

I like to do medieval style modeling as well. My stuff is for sale at www.turbosquid.com. Search for:
TheTextureStore
1 word. That’s me. And yes, I know, shameless promo. Kick my ass. I don’t mean it that way though. CGI master seems to want to get into the guts of medieval style modeling, so… This render is low poly,and is meant to be part of a larger room etc, so I did not spend a lot of verts on bumb maps etc. Also the lights are missing - this is a render for a product I’m selling, so I just rendered what comes with it. http://www.dougturner.net/vaulting.jpg

I’m just saying there is nothing super ground breaking there.

You can NOT say that when your picture isn’t even half as good as Yarpen’s.

CGI Master, you really need to change your user name because you , obviously, are not. If you are having such a difficult time grasping simple lighting concepts then I would suggest the same thing 3dmedeival did and tell you to do a search in lighting tut’s.

And your comment about his/her work is inappropriate considering that they are simply showing a model whereas yaren’s is a complete scene.

And you want help?

Thanks sirius.

The lighting does not make sense.
What is creating the light?
Add a chandelier

What were your texture settings?
cgi