Fish Detective

Super cool. Good luck with the competition. I always love your texturing work top notch and five stars from me

Perfect! Love the atmosphere. Great work!

I new this must be by Mookie when I saw it. Great job! 5* from me, for the technical execution and idea/story, it’s pretty original I think.
The only thing that bothers me a little is the left eye.

that is a great character and scene

Thanks for all the comments, I guess such feedback is something that every author wishes for when he starts a new project! Saying that I agree with all of you who spotted some errors or mistakes, especially when it comes to detective clothes.

asiaphone12 - I gue=arantee it’s a fish; I guess you would agree if you saw his profile.
joseconesco - it’s a pity you did not finish your image, I saw some very promising models there!
GBlomqvist - smoke is added in Photoshop, I would not for Blender with that kind of effect.
i.munteanu - I have no idea what’s his name, sadly; I thought I’d develop something similar to Philip Marlowe (he used to have his office in Los Angeles just like my fish does) but in vain. So he’s just fish detective, that’s all.
Tarnyloo73 - you made me laugh, great quotes!
Norrolith - true but perhaps in future fish would be able to stay both in and outside water? Why not?
Quantum Anomaly - I used Defocus; phone and paperclip are indeed not that handy for a fish; moreover I have no idea how he could rise his fin with photo so high, it doesn’t make any sense :slight_smile:

Fantastic work. Good luck.

This is Great! I love the detail you put into his face. And all the stuff around him is top notch as well! Great Work!

Superb work as always. Incredible imagination with incredible execution makes for an incredible artist! Please do keep it up!

Looks really good, but kinda fishy, some thin not quite right. Amazing work keep it up

could give him two fish names…

Herring Haddock P.I.

-or-

Jack Mackerel on the case!

Though I am new to posting on this forum, I’ve been coming here to view the art for a while now.

I can honestly say that this is one of the most narrative and humorous renderings I have ever seen here!

Great work mookie!:smiley:

Those eyes, and the detail, freakin awesome!

I love the lighting and lip details on this.

Thanks for all the comments! And Jack Mackerel sounds just great!

I’ll announce the results of competition as soon as they’ll be posted (from my calculations I’ll finish 4-5th).

What they said.

I’d love to see a real tasty black and white ‘noir’ version too :slight_smile:

i thought it was a frog.

Yeah, first project and you got on the top! Congrats!

The photos and draw label are brilliant, great touch.

This is truly inspiring. I LOVE it! The lighting is also fantastic.

Super amazing render. So…he’s got a cigarette underwater? =D

This fish has accomplished something I have been trying to perfect for almost a decade: enjoying tobacco while submerged.

Technically this piece is awesome. Artistically this piece is awesome. Its storytelling is something else, perfect, perfect, perfect.

Bravo, monsieur. I hope to see more of your work in the future and good luck on the contest.