FLIP Fluids Addon: A liquid fluid simulation tool for Blender

Hey everyone, just a heads up: I will be leaving for vacation shortly and will return in time for the start of the beta. I’ll try to answer as many questions as I can as soon as possible! Thanks for all of the support!

Cool, I just sent the request email! :slight_smile:

Hey, this is the most exiting news i hear for blender in a while. I don’t have a github account (yet, can make one easily). Maybe my machine specs are interesting for you though. I have a dual Xeon E5-2987w (32 cores), 128 GB Ram and gtx 1080 (also quadro 2000, older model, not in pc atm), Win 7 64-Bit.

Let me know if it is of interest for you if i’d run some tests on my machine. Contact is lalli(at)gmx.net

I have fairly good knowledge of Blenders various sim tools like current “lacking” Fluid, Particle Fluid, and more. Blender user for over 7 years.

Anyway, nice to see this project, i wish you all the best things!

Great! I really really consider it.

it looks realistic and awesome!

Count another couple of eyes (mine) on this cool project!

Sorry about the late responses! We have been receiving an enormous number of applications over the last three days and I’m currently working on entering in all of the information. If you included comments/questions in your application, I’ll be working on sending responses tomorrow.

Beta is still set to begin on February 13th and I plan to send out the first wave of invites by 5:00pm (GMT -8)! If you do not receive and invite, you may still be invited at a later date when we are able to managing a larger number of testing slots.

I have done some experimenting with exporting to Alembic. It can be done in Blender with File > Export > Alembic, but this can be slow for large caches. What I would like to do is add Alembic to the fluid engine code so that the Alembic export can be all run in C++.

I am not sure on the exact details, but I heard that velocity data may be added to the Alembic cache so that the fluid can be rendered with motion blur.

We are also looking for testers who are new to fluid simulation. It helps us find out what kind of questions beginners may have and this helps us write good documentation!

At the moment, I’d say that the addon would definitely be under $100 (USD).

Great to hear that you’re excited! Blender experience would be great to have, and it looks like we do not have an application with your CPU model yet. Unfortunately we cannot guarantee a testing slot at the moment. If you want to apply, you’ll need to create a GitHub account and send us your details.

Hey, i would love to try this

Hi RLGUY

I’m currently beta tester of appleseed render. And definitely I’m new to fluid simulation. I’m already in Github, and I know how to create issues, comments, etc.

I’d like to be a tester of this software, it will be fun.

[email protected]

Windows 10 64-bit

i7 5820k 12 threads

GTX 760

16 GB RAM

Hey juancarlosgzrz, thanks for your info, I have entered in your details! Just letting you know that the deadline for applying for the first wave of beta invites has ended, but don’t worry, you may be added to the beta at a later date.

Damn it, well, it’s ok. Thanks anyway n.n

I see that it’s too late, but i’d still like to say that i would like to join… :slight_smile:

[email protected]

Windows 10 64-bit
Antergos Linux

2x E5-2683 v3 56 threads

2x GTX 980Ti

32 GB RAM

The first wave of beta invites have been sent out! Over the next few days, we will get a feel for how many testers we are able to maintain, and when we find that we are able to handle more testers, we will open more testing slots.

More detailed documentation on how to use the addon/simulator will be added to the wiki later this week.

Please let us know if you run into any problems or have any questions!

Thanks for the info, I have entered in your details!

Too bad I didn’t get in first wave. I actually thought I got in when I got a reply email, took “entered in your details” as a confirmation with the actual invites just going out later but that was on me.

Same here Mitsuma, i also thought “entered in your details” emails response was also the official invitation:confused:
I was one of the earliest repliers :frowning:

@RLGUY hire more people, setup a patreon page. Gimme FLIP Fluids Addon!

Hey, @Mitsuma and @tungee! I would like to apologise for the unclear application confirmation email. What I meant is that I have entered your details into the application pool. You’re not the only ones who have interpreted it as being accepted into the beta, I have received quite a few messages with the same interpretation, so this is definitely a mistake on my part. I’ll try to be more clear in the future.

@teddiursa, I think it is too late to hire more people at this point and that adding more to the team will end up delaying the release of the addon. We would love to have been able to include everyone in the first wave, but we have to limit the number of testers so that we can attend to issues in a timely manner. we will be adding more testing slots as soon as we are able to handle more testers!

do a good job testers! :smiley: I have high hopes for this plugin! :slight_smile:

@RLGUY what’s the planned release date, is it months from now?

Just stumbled across your YouTube video. Probably too late to get an invite to test but will definitely want to purchase when it is ready.