Freshness

India forever

I assume you’re only talking about the last shot; the wide shot before the door closes and you see the sign. If you had a problem with the entire video’s use of depth of field I would need to disagree strongly because I thought the use of it was masterful in selling the illusion of it being real footage shot with a real lens. I can understand your point of view with the last shot though. I think they were just trying to adhere to the rule/guideline of composition of always having a central point of focus (not necessarily depth of field focus; just something drawing the viewer’s attention to one area to avoid a cluttered frame). But I’m not a composition expert, but I also didn’t notice a problem with that shot when I first watched it.

I do also identify with the statement “The only loss-of-detail should come from the printing or projection process itself” but I’m afraid that this very technical kind of OCD thinking of ours will cost us dearly when trying to convincingly simulate reality, which is almost never “tack-sharp.”

I think the most important thing anybody can learn from this work of art is that if Blender has a reputation of being sub-par it is not a failing of the software, it is our failure as Blender artists to show what Blender is capable of, like this does. Amazing.

I think he was commenting on the still image on the post, not the video.

Very well done! The video has a great mood! :yes:
You guys should make a short film, I would love to watch it! :smiley: (and also the making of) :stuck_out_tongue:

Amazing use of color in this piece! The color palette used is very appetising and pleasant. The graphics fit the word ‘freshness’ perfectly. The only constructive comment I have is that I felt the strawberry falling down to the pile was a little bit stiff, but I don’t know how much bounce and squash and area of effect there is when a strawberry really falls down onto a pile. Everything else looked perfect and I adore how you made the fruits feel like they were growing ripe. Yum! I hope to see more from you guys! 5/5 stars!

Μπράβο!! (Bravo)

This is great! No other words…

That’s so impressive guys

Stellar. Thank you very much for including the freshness making video. It’s always helpful to me to get a peek into how such excellent work is done.

Especially the raspberries are looking amazing.