Iron Maiden's Eddie

A tribute to Eddie, Iron Maiden’s mascot.

61 Likes

It’s pretty cool! The main vibe is there, however I think you could use some darker elements, like for example the pillars on the side could be a bit darker or less lit, so the character pops more. Also, Eddie could maybe use some more shadows to make him a bit grittier and get across more Maiden vibes.

I quickly sketched over how you could - in my humble opinion - improve it. The model is already pretty cool, just a few tweaks with the light could improve it a lot.

Rim lights would also be good to tell the viewer where you want them to look. So heads and the fists, maybe the chains could be a bit lit from behind.

Cheers!

4 Likes

I like it. Captures the Powerslave artwork style quite well.

Thank you very much for your feedback. To be honest I didn’t really paid any attention to the lighting, thinkibg that an enviromental light would be sufficient. How wrong was I. Though I have to admit I’m not good at all at lighting, I followed your advice and this is what I got.

Thanks again for the useful advices.

7 Likes

Thank you. Glad you like it.

Sweet! Yeah looks a lot clearer now!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

2 Likes

As a huge fan of the band, I just love it, this is a perfect tribute !

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you Bart. Really appreciate it.

Up the Irons! Nice job!
Also thank you @bartv for always featuring great artworks in this amazing online community.

3 Likes

:metal:
So it shall be rendered, so it shall be done!

2 Likes

@barttv announced at 6am that the artwork was on the featured row.

At 5 o’clock, they take me to the gallows.

And as a clue to why I like this artwork, spot the Maiden stuff around my workstation.

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

Presenting the “Behind the Scenes” article for this amazing artwork!

Feel free to explore the article written by the artist himself. It takes you through the detailed process of creating the artwork and offers valuable insights into character-designing in Blender.

Regards,
Alina Khan
Editor at Blender Nation | LinkedIn