Italian style

Very nice render. Love the soft lighting! A couple of strange DoF artifacts as others have mentioned but these are small distractions in an otherwise lovely image.

After many critiques, I re-render the image with cycles original DOF, here it is:

Excellent work … i loved it toooooooo much

Fantastic! It seems a photo :slight_smile:

Thanks, glad you like it :smiley:

Just noticed the original posted image, no blur through the glass - this one have that. :slight_smile:

Another thing that is great about the cycles DOF render is that the pestle and rosemary don’t have weird hard outlines. I don’t know if anybody else has noticed but in version 1 I see pretty hard edges on those items, but this version has nice blurred edges :slight_smile:

Yes you are right :yes:

Very nice result! What’s irritating me here, though, is the focal length of the camera you’ve chosen here. The whole thing look a bit distorted - in fact you used a 35mm focal length here. I’m a photographer myself and I would never use such a wide angle lens for a product shot like that. It would probably look more like a real product shoot if you used a 70mm or 100mm lens for example. In this case the DOF would make more sense, too. The more “wide angle” a lens is the less pronounced is a shallow depth of field. With a 100mm lens for example you would have a DOF that is more pronounced with the same aperture setting than the 35mm lens used here. (Blender/Cycles doesn’t seem to interpret those settings like in the real world (in contrast to renderers like Maxwell e.g. where it actually matters which focal length/aperture combination you choose)

Marco

Great still life. Maybe a bit too much headroom but beautifully done. Love the composition and the oil looks, well… oily!

nice work, can you tell me where you got the textures?

I combined few textures to get the exact result, I got them from some deviantart user who gives royalty free textures.

The leaves look a bit flat and fake, i think they could do with some displacement mapping or something. But the rest is beautiful, the glass material with the dust is so awesome im jealous!