Jesus wasn't born on Christmas!

I ain’t sure but aren’t we counting years from about when he died? He died when he was 20 or something so it should bel 2035.

No, we aren’t.

Martin

I’ll think you’ll find that there are few within Christianity who actually believe that Christ was born on Dec. 25th. It is merely the day chosen and set aside to celebrate this event. Should you encounter those who do, simply ask them to provide some biblical proof, inform them of your opinions along with what you consider to be evidence to the contrary, and then get on with your life. There are bigger things to focus on, such as living according to Jesus’ teachings.

Topic=OFF TOPIC

Get over it if you don’t like the thread then dont post.

Yeah but the chance that he was born in December is the same as Juli. So it might be possible. Right!?!

Lol, this reminds me of what I thought when I was young

I couldn’t understand how Jesus’ birth and death was less than 4 months apart

Wow! He grew up fast!

I hope he wasn’t born near Christmas, otherwise he would have only gotten one set of presants and that would have plain sucked :)[/quote]

Well… blarh. Somebody is born near christmas… I think it’s a god-daughter of my parents. She probably gets presents anyway on both occasions. But Jesus couldn’t have gotten those gifts twice, unless he invited the “Three Wise Men” to come next year, too.

I don’t get what’s up with you people- it’s an interesting theory with no religious agenda. Take the stick out of your collective POSTERIOR, thank you.

Is this really new news ? Everyone should know this now.

Still. The chance that Jesus was born on 25th of December Is the same as he were born in 8th of Juli.

So no one knows for sure.

1. Marketing creates holiday of t3h j0y.
  2. Spread the love.
  3. Profit ???

What? Jesus wasn’t born on christmas?

Who’s Jesus?

The one whos also called Jebus

The one whos also called Jebus[/quote]

do’h!

Not a chance! If I understood it correctly, the Bible mentions that Jesus was born when they were bringing in the sheep. This is an age old tradition in Palestina, because the winter tends to be harsh. The period that they bring the sheep in is around september/ october… so Jesus must have been born in that period according to the Bible.
The 24/ 25 of december is a pagan date for lots of religions. And there where a lot of religion in ancient Rome that cross pollinated eachother, and certainly Christianity wasn’t spared. The fact that the Romans brought it to Christmas day is to make it easier for people to convert. So they didn’t need to go through a cultural shock to celebrate Christmas on februari (they exact day I don’t know… I have to look that up). In februari was the original Christmas day, celebrated by the Egyptian Christians through the other Arameic speaking countries.

A lot of Jesus life is cross pollinated from other religion. Look up the life of times of Dionisys (or Baccus) the God of wine. You’ll swear that it is about Jesus. Was born on Christmas day (25 december), turned water into wine, healed the sick, died a terrible death to save mankind. Only that story predates the New Testament by hundreds of years.

Religion is changing, Christianity is not the same as it was in 0 A.D. or the year 1000 and it will not be same in the year 3000. Expect Elvis Presley making a comeback in the bible somewhere by then.

Of course not! Christianity could not exist in 0 AD, that very year does not even exist. You should have followed the link I posted earlier.

Almost exactly what I said.

Any excuse to sit with family, over a huge table of food, is just fine and dandy with me.

Also couldn’t care less about the tension and arguments which flare up over the writings of some book written and editted over thousands of years by HUMAN beings.

Thankfully my table will be religion free, which is very pleasant indeed. Also means there’s no guilt attached to practicing the ‘deadly’ sin of gluttony when I ask for a second helping of stuffing :stuck_out_tongue: