Jesus wasn't born on Christmas!

Amen to that! :slight_smile:

Martin

Well in my opinion, religion brings people together but there are others way for that too (read above).

The important is not when Christ is born, but to remember it. Is it really that important he wasnt born on christmas? Would it drasticaly change your life? I probably think not. My 2 cents…

Of course not! Christianity could not exist in 0 AD, that very year does not even exist. You should have followed the link I posted earlier.

[/quote]

Well, lets see, AD means after death, BC means before Christ, so there must be a DC "during Christ.

You haven’t been paying attention… Sigh…

Anno Domini Nostri Iesu Christi (“In the Year of Our Lord Jesus Christ”), commonly shortened to Anno Domini (“In the Year of the Lord”)

AD does not mean After Death. We’re using his BIRTH as a starting point.

You haven’t been paying attention… Sigh…

Anno Domini Nostri Iesu Christi (“In the Year of Our Lord Jesus Christ”), commonly shortened to Anno Domini (“In the Year of the Lord”)

AD does not mean After Death. We’re using his BIRTH as a starting point.[/quote]

My religion textbook for school says that jesus was born on 4 AD how that works, i dunno?

Your textbook is wrong it should read BC not AD.

Accuracy
Almost all Biblical scholars believe that Dionysius was incorrect in his calculation, and that the date claimed for Jesus’ birth was between 8 BC and 4 BC. The latest bound for the birth of Christ is the death of Herod the Great which occurred in 4 BC.

http://members.tripod.com/~PetraGrail/page5.html

Some interesting reading.

"The only such occurance any time near the birth of Jesus was on September 11th, 3 BC."

Your textbook is wrong it should read BC not AD.

Accuracy
Almost all Biblical scholars believe that Dionysius was incorrect in his calculation, and that the date claimed for Jesus’ birth was between 8 BC and 4 BC. The latest bound for the birth of Christ is the death of Herod the Great which occurred in 4 BC.
[/quote]

it might have said that, i don’t have it here, i don’t have a very good memory %|… wait what were we talking about? :stuck_out_tongue:

So, what is AD and BC is anyways ?

Bussman is so going to slap you silly… %|

Martin

Bussman is so going to slap you silly…

Martin[/quote]

Hehehe… Bussman don’t care no more… Christmas is coming and I don’t care who was born when so long as I get me some Tourtière du Lac-Saint-Jean (with cariboo, moose and partridge, mmmm) and lots of beer to wash it down!

Bussman is so going to slap you silly… %| [/quote]

Looks like someone already got there first.

While we’re quashing Christmas myths, did you know that Santa Claus didn’t have a red suit before Coca-cola got their hands on him?

Bussman is so going to slap you silly… %| [/quote]

Looks like someone already got there first.

While we’re quashing Christmas myths, did you know that Santa Claus didn’t have a red suit before Coca-cola got their hands on him?[/quote]

Yeah I know. They took a homeless drunk too. Kinda sad when you think about it.

Oh crap! More misinformation… Ded Moroz. God bless those pagans, again…

Interesting topic, lots of interesting material.

I once stumbled upon a purely Biblical method to calculate an approximate birth of date. Here it is summarized:

Luke 1.5: Zakar-Yaho (Zachery), the father of John the Baptist, was a priest of the house of Abiah (Abiyah).
.23: When he was done with his ministry, he went home
.24: and his wife conceived.

According to 1 Chronicles 24.10, Abiah’s was number 8. 2 Chronicles 8.13-14 say that the turns start during Easter and serve one week each. (Pesaj, the feast of unleavened bread.) Pesaj starts somewhere between the 14th of Nisan and the 22nd of Shemot, that is, March or halfway throuhg April at most.

The eighth turn served, at worst, from June 1st to the 8th. Zachery returned home in the mountains for the next week. By July, his wife was pregnant.

Luke 1.25-: six months later, Mary becomes pregnant by work of the Holy Spirit (Ruah Hakodesh.) Adding six months to Elizabeth’s pregnancy, we land somewhere between December and January.

Luke 2.6: The pregnancy term ended in time, 9 months later. This falls between September/October, which is believable since there’s a hot wind blowing from the African coasts at the time. People slept outside their houses and sheperds could have their cattle out… which wouldn’t be possible in the very cold Isreali winter, and specially not at night.

The full article (in spanish) is here.

Oh crap! More misinformation… Ded Moroz. God bless those pagans, again…[/quote]

Never heard of Ded Moroz before but yeah it looks like Santa was derived from that:

Jesus was born? :o

Emo is’nt nonconformist?

… So should I take down my “HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JESUS” Sign?
:slight_smile:

Good one, but to know whether i am “Emo” or not, you would have to actually know me, and you don’t. And you are also making it sound like i am not believing this for the sake of “Being a rebel” I loose more and more respect for alot of you people every day recently.