Khalibloo Panel

i’m glad you fixed that…although i still wonder how you got multiple rigs like that.
Anyways, just a quicktip: if you hit any brick walls like that, it’s always a good idea to restart blender (in case it’s blender’s fault) and start over with a fresh scene (in case it’s your fault).

I have tried downloading the latest version of the Khalibloo panel now several times. The link takes you to “attachment.php”. What do I do with this file. I cannot load it as an add on to blender, it does not appear to be a script either. The description in your post says it is a .zip file is the link messed up?
Caitlin

never mind, it was an IE problem. Used Firefox and it uploaded just fine.
Caitlin

Hm, for some reason I can’t get the morph import function to work.
I’ve installed the dsf tool, and the panel, succesfully imported and rigified my genesis figure.

Selected the folder for morphs (I assume it’s recursive, but regardless, I tried pointing it to the -actual- folder with the base morphs in it, instead of a parent folder).
But every time I click the “Import Morphs” button, I get the following:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Melanie\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.69\scripts
\addons\khalibloo_panel.py”, line 2666, in execute
morph_dir = bpy.context.scene.genesis_morph_dir
AttributeError: ‘Scene’ object has no attribute ‘genesis_morph_dir’

Also, if anyone else is having issues with the Rigifying process… Install the Rigify addon :stuck_out_tongue: facepalms

am getting a simile error every time i click on rigify using blender 2.69

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\HaNi3D\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.69\scripts\addons\khalibloo_panel.py”, line 854, in execute
bpy.ops.object.armature_human_metarig_add()
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.69\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py”, line 188, in call
ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
AttributeError: Calling operator “bpy.ops.object.armature_human_metarig_add” error, could not be found

Edit

Also, if anyone else is having issues with the Rigifying process… Install the Rigify addon :stuck_out_tongue:

this solved it, i don’t believe i missed that o;O Thank You

Hiya

i’m getting an error in Line 2666 could it be that the line should read
morph_dir = bpy.context.scene.khalibloo_genesis_morph_dir
instead of
morph_dir = bpy.context.scene.genesis_morph_dir

My programming days are long over so I dunno if it’s correct swapping that but I seemed like a typo and the error gone but perhaps you could check again.

Thx for the awesome work !

Hi Khalibloo, it seems that your script have many possiblilities…could you do a video showing your usual workflow whith it? it would give us a gloval idea.
You talk about a tools for importing the genesis animations…you have succes on it?

Thank you so much for creating this, Khalibloo, and thanks hugop for the bug fix. After days of searching, scratching my head, and bashing my brains out, this script has finally gotten my workflow where I need it to be. Two thumbs up, would pay good money for tool.

sorry guys, it’s been a while since i released any updates. I’m currently working on a very huge project and i got so carried away that i barely even checked this thread.
like hugop pointed out, yeah that’s exactly the problem. it was caused by the last code cleanup i did… adding the “khalibloo_” prefix to all the scene variables to avoid confusion. i should release an update tonight

as for animations, i’d recommend exporting the bvh and then using MakeWalk (from Make Human) to retarget the animations to your character’s rigify rig.

Unfortunately, during my last test run, i noticed that any morphs imported will not work properly unless your character is the default Genesis figure. this is because the morphs in DAZ usually need MCMs (Morph Controlled Morphs) to work properly. MCMs are essentially corrective morphs connected with drivers so that when the main morph is dialed up, they will follow and fix any weirdness.

The only thing that seems to work is manually going through each morph in DAZ studio and exporting the objs, and then batch-importing into blender and joining as shapes. I’m unfamiliar with DAZ Studio’s API, otherwise I would have written a script for that too

As for a tutorial, I posted one on www.renderosity.com in the blender tutorials section. should be easy to find
thanks for your interest in this addon :slight_smile: Initially, i didn’t even think anyone would find it useful

Update 11 has just been released. Added a host of non-Genesis related tools too.
due to the time gap, i can’t properly document what exactly got added. but here’s a list from memory:

1. Bone Constraint tools (toggle realtime visibility on/off)
  2. Improved “Modifier tools” tab, with a lot more functionality
  3. UV panel with just 2 buttons at the moment (flatten selection vertically/horizontally)

Once I import the DAE file I then select the figure and select Genesis 2, female then click Rgify, I get the following error.

I believe I have everything installed correctly, I am using a MacBookPro running Mavericks and Blender 2.7 if thay helps.

Thanks

looks to me like you haven’t enabled the rigify addon

Update 12 released!
Finally solved the morph-import issues for good. Khalibloo panel no longer depends on the dsf addon. Yayyy independence!
I was able to write a daz script that automates the obj export process.
In order to use the khalibloo_blender_morph_exporter, you need to specify the names of all the morphs you want to export (in a .txt file). This varies based on the content you have installed. Each line of the text file should contain one morph name.
It’s important to understand that there’s a big difference between morph name and morph label. To get the morph name, click the little cog on the top-right corner of the morph dial and select “Parameter settings”.

Here’s a script to simplify the process for you ListAllProperties.zip (1.02 KB). Open the script IDE tab and run the script. The results will be printed to the console below the text editor. Copy and paste the result to a new txt file (eg. in notepad). Delete any unnecessary items in the file (eg. JCMs, MCMs, Translations, etc).

This is hard work, i know. but once you’ve done it, you’ll never have to do it again unless of course you install new content.
Once the text file has been created, select the character you wish to export and execute the khalibloo_blender_morph_exporter. You will see a dialog asking you to locate the text file. After that, another dialog will ask you where you want the objs to be exported. It is highly recommended that you choose an empty folder! After that, just fold your arms and sit back.

When it’s finished, open up blender. Choose the morph folder in the khalibloo panel under the Genesis/Genesis2 category (absolute path only!). Select your character and click the huge “Import Morphs” button. The objs will be loaded as shape keys of the selected object.

This process also works for clothes, props, etc. Just be sure to give each item a separate folder for its obj files.

This is probably the worst explanation ever, sorry it’s the best I can do for now. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Hi, thank you update,
then blender 2.71, with Updated 12, I can not rrigfy genesis2female nodes.
I succeded before, with other version.

I enabled rigfy add-on, and set “auto run python script!”
but when I select genesis2female skin (inported collada amature)then select genesis2>female,> rigfy, it turn erroer message
as same as above other user mentioned already,

i’ve just posted another update. it works well for me. could you give it another try?

i usually work with a customized version of the Khalibloo Panel while testing unfinished tools… so i easily lose track of bugs :slight_smile: sorry

edit:
hold on… if you’re having issues similar to the one above, then the problem has to be from rigify. are you able to add a human metarig to your scene manually? (Shift + A >> Armature >> Human (Meta-Rig))
If i’m right, you shouldn’t be able to.

note: blender 2.71 DOES NOT save addon preferences with a “global” Ctrl + U. you have to CLICK “Save user settings” in the user preferences window. i’m not sure if it’s a bug or if it’s the new way of doing things

Hi, thank you and I am sorry because, I have not set rigify " on " @@;
I only use rigify with your add on, so that I forgot it with new blender 2.71

To use your add on correctly, I must activate both Khaliboo add on, and rigify add on.
after that it work correctly ! .

now it work as same as before.

then would not you give me some advice, if I hoe to add under jaw rig for rigify amature?

before I could this manually, then today I try to add new jaw node to meta-rig,
as same as collada node .
but How I can use meta-rig, when rigify activate?
I may need only FK rotation for jaw rig I beleive,

(I believe, the vertexes of genesis2 face part have color weight for jaw node already, )

Ah OK,I serched you tube tutoriall for such puropse, now it seems work ^^

great! :slight_smile:
and thanks for all your feedback. it has contributed a lot to this addon.

Hi, auto morph load for shape key is good!!
(I manually make list, because if I auto-execute, it now list 200 over morphs ^^;)

But,when I try to import morphs, it seems change rotate or scale, opositte direction.(blender X scale,)
then when set value 1.00 only works, on 0.5, actor change strange shape,
(rotate half and scale x 0)

I already applied rotation, scale, for amature, and skin instances.
Is their way to correct this? all import vertex seems set x mirroerd. I think,

hmmm… that’s quite strange. the import settings of the khalibloo panel were made to work well with the export settings of the khalibloo_blender_morph_exporter.

the problem you are having is most likely due to the order in which you applied the scale and rotation. you need to apply the scale and rotation of the rig before applying the scale and rotation of the skin instances. this is because the skin instances are children of the rig. you shouldn’t have any problems at all if you rigify your character before loading the morphs. the rigify process handles the scale and rotation of both the rig and the character mesh.

please try again with a rigified character to see how it goes. i just tried it and it works for me (blender 2.71)