Khalibloo Panel

Yeah, It is actually strange, I test same thing with new export genesis2female character.(collada)
and I set apply scale and rotation, for rig first, then next sikins .
I use blender 2.71, daz studio 4.6.3.52
and download your new khalibloo (version 13), and morph exporter, on top page topic.

then try to import one morph as shape key, (olimpia 6 FBM), with select genesis2female skin
from your panel “Import morphs”

it seems turn up normal too. (so that when I apply value 1.0, the surface turn dark)

I use default collada export setting, then import it to blender without unit,
(it can import mesh correct size)

I can apply rigify amature by your panel, and can change vertex group name.
it work well,poze good.

then I try import morph again, but the problem happen as same as before,

If I mistake something, (import or export collada setting, or blender preference setting :no:)

give me some time to check it out. thanks for reporting it.

i’ll get back to you.

ok, i did some extensive testing and i was able to reproduce your error only by messing with the khalibloo_blender_morph_exporter. i purposely didn’t encrypt the script in order to give the user some freedom in case they wanted to make some slight modifications to the export settings to suit an unforeseen situation. the downside is that sometimes mistakes happen.

try downloading the khalibloo_blender_morph_exporter again. i re-uploaded it.
rigify the character (this applies scale and rotation)
rigify the the vertex groups (this handles parenting)
then try importing the morphs again

to make double sure, i re-checked and re-uploaded all the scripts. i downloaded blender and all the scripts all over again and tested them. they worked fine for me. sorry for the inconvenience

Hi, Khalibool thanks to up-date. and sorry to cause many test ^^;

But Actually I needed to modify your script,(I do not know why it happen about my csse only)

to confirm, now I downloaded your morph exporter script zip again, then, un zip,
and check your script, it export obj, like that

oSettings.setFloatValue( “Scale”, 100 );
// Set the lateral axis to X
oSettings.setStringValue( “LatAxis”, “X” );
// Set the vertical axis to Y
oSettings.setStringValue( “VertAxis”, “Z” );
// Set the depth axis to Z
oSettings.setStringValue( “DepthAxis”, “Y” );
// Do not invert the lateral axis
oSettings.setBoolValue( “InvertLat”, true );
// Do not invert the vertical axis
oSettings.setBoolValue( “InvertVert”, false );
// Do not invert the depth axis
oSettings.setBoolValue( “InvertDepth”, false );

It is which I have downloaded from the zip (by Chrome now)

About my case, I must need to change lateral axis to false.

I downloaded the morph exporter script, then when I saw in ds Script IDE
it was same. (I have not modified before ^^;
but actually I feel it seems cause problem about my case,)

And now I download your script, and open in text editor,
it seems same. I change un zip place several and tested, ,but everytime,
my downloaded script, is like that, if the chrome keep old zip?

Anyway, if I turn lateral value to “false” too
it work without problem , (I have not tested it before,)
and thank you ^^

(then it is new future request, when I rigfy, I felt hands fingers role seems not be set
usuall way, then I checked generated meta-rig, the fingers role (z-axis ) turn above way,
except of thumb node.

so that when I select all f- fingers and scale in poze mode, they can not bend same direction.
(usually it can make actor hands grab or stretch poze easy ^^)
I test with standard genesis2shape, and my actor shape,
but generate meta-rig seems keep the roles.

I could tweak and corrected by my self , but if you have plan of next up-date in future,
I hope you check hands fingers role too , ^^ (
fingers z axis need to turn inward direction, usually)

i have no idea why your/my x-axis is inverted, but i’m glad you’ve found a solution.

thank you for reporting the issue with the fingers. i never had the chance to test them myself.
however, i’m currently preparing for my exams… so i can’t say when i’ll get a chance to fix the rolls.

for now, if you really want, you could change the rolls in the meta-rig and generate a new rigify rig…
if the new rig works well, you could even edit the roll values in the khalibloo panel
lines 465-498 contain the values for the rolls. you could easily customize them

once again, i apologize for not being my usual self. the exams caught me off-guard, and i’ve really gotta seal my position in the class. i’ll see if i can squeeze out a few hours tomorrow to work on the khalibloo panel.

THank you many advice ^^ actually I hope to auto-set roll about my modified rolls,
I did it by manually generate rigfy, then customized as same as your great add on did,
(set eye IK, and add pectoral , jaw tongues , constraint too^^;)

About X axis, it seems really strange, I do not know, why it happen, may need more tester with different setting,
but anyway there is way to solve problem easy. One opotunity is daz updated and change how manage pivot,
about newest daz studio, (I checked log) so that, if it happen. (DS often change way about these important setting too
then it easy cause problem, when export and import to other aprications ^^;)

Then I really hope you concentrate your exams and other things,
It must be important thing for your life @@; you need not squeeze tomorrow this tool !

when you have time to test with your tools. no need hurry up!
when you feel to tweak more, and you have time, just test it ^^

i see… that’s quite a possible explanation. i haven’t updated DAZ in a long time :smiley:
it’s very possible they messed with the export settings.

thanks for understanding :slight_smile:

Just now seeing this thread…I’ll be testing it tonight/weekend…pumped for this though!

great! be sure to spread the word if you find it useful :slight_smile:

Works awesome! Having trouble with the morphs. Attached pic:

the error you’re having most likely means there are no objs in the folder you selected. please refer to the first post for more detailed instructions regarding morphs.
before importing morphs, you must have exported them from daz studio beforehand.

Khalibloo, the .obj files are in the folder. (by the way, that’s a sick script…I was doing it one by one before this. I would only do a few, because of the time it took…this alone is huge for workflow. Not to mention, the rigify works flawlessly) I’m going to try it again tomorrow fresh. Thanks for the quick response.

[Edit] Now that I read that, it could be I was using a relative path. I’ll have to double check. This is great work though!

[Edit 2] FLAWLESS! Works perfectly.

thanks mate :smiley:
i’m really glad you found it handy

hopefully now, a lot of DAZ artists should be able to make their way to blender with less trouble

not sure if your still watching this thread, but this is what I am getting after appling the Rigify Vertex groups

please refer to posts #16 and #17

enable “autorun python scripts” in your preferences

Thanks, I totally missed that. Hey are you planning on working on the finger issue or is this just something we need to do ourselves. Really love this other then that issue so far. Have not tried the morph import either yet. Thanks for the script though.

Monte

i’m working on the fingers. it’s just taking longer than i expected. for some reason, the rigify script doesn’t exactly match the metarig’s bone rolls. some bones don’t seem to respond well to changes
anyways, i’ve fixed most of the fingers already… i should be able to release an update soon

thanks for your patience :slight_smile:

Ok, the update is up and running :slight_smile: check it out

Thanks so much for the update, seems to work great. One more question. Sorry if i missed the answer in the thread but is it possible to get a more detailed description of what we should take out of the list all properties text file and what stays in or maybe an example file already edited to study?

Thanks again for all your work on this. To me at least this is a great help.

Thanks

Monte

Due to the fact that i cannot tell which morphs you’ve installed for your genesis, it’s impossible for me to give a working example… but here’s what it should generally look like

FBMEyesAlien
PBMEarsElephant
CTRLMouthOpen
VISMouthA

you get the idea. only the morphs you need should be left. the first few entries are not needed. transforms, subdivision, fit to, point at, etc. delete them.

It might be tempting to import ALL your morphs, but keep in mind the limitations of your PC. Blender might become painfully slow if you have hundreds of shape keys on a genesis character, and will consume a lot of RAM.