Lighthouse (short film)

Very good strory and excellent quality!

This is simply amazing!!! 5 stars from me. Great to hear that Blender was really suitable for such team work.

Edit: Just watched the making of video. Excellent!
Mainly rig is amazing. I see you use Malefico scripts for true smooth FK/IK switching as well as pivot ccript. I hope there will be some tutorial soon or even it will be standard feature (or officially bundled script) in Blender one day.

Amazing work, definitely worth five stars.

wow!
excellent! and as mentioned before, very inspiring.
can i ask: how long did it take to entirely finish this short movie?

Great to see it all rendered and with sound and music!

Really came out nice!

Lee

This is an fantastic short movie. The story just catch you.
The Behind-the-scenes and compositing video gives a good insight in the making process - and provides a good learning ressource. Thanks for taking the time to make this also!

Truely amazing! Five stars.

Awesome work to all. Excellent quality and very good story.

A bit short for me, but still great.

BgDM

Very, very nice… a short but effective glimpse into a believable world. I’ve always been a fan of lighthouses, and this is no exception. I think this proves blender’s ability as much as the open films (even if some was done in Max ;))

Congrats on a great short! This should be on CGtalk.

Love it! I could praise your work all day, but everyone else beat me to it :slight_smile: I love the backlit people in the houses and the whole animation has a great style to it. They should make this a commercial somehow, I am tired of seeing the same ones they do over and over again :slight_smile:

Congrats man. Great work there.
:eyebrowlift:

Absolutley amazing! I love the look and feel generally of the peice.

Also, I keep seeing things like the effect of the thick glass of the Fresnel lens and the texture of the lighthouse keeper’s skin! Wonderful!

And the opening shot with the spume and the cliffs? Hollywood material!

@ Blenditall - All the better for having some of it done in Max - Studios will now know that they can slot Blender into their “pipeline” and produce professional results - it works! It proves that Blender can play well with the Big Boys, which is really what is stopping it from gaining a larger acceptance.

This may do more for the cause of Blender in Proanimation then either Elephants Dream or BBB - just for the fact that it proves that a big bank can approach a big insurance firm and they can get a professional studio to produce a hollywood-style film using Blender.

shouldn’t this be gallery? or is it too much other software?

Wow amazing short movie. I’d like to know the timeframe in which you had to produce it. Always interesting to know, since it put things in perspective. Just curious to see how much time you needed to produce something so great.

I knew the shading and lighting had been done by you even before the credits arrived. You really left your footprints in there :wink:

Good job to everyone involved, it’s an amazing project.

Oh and Enrico Valenza works with you? Or was he just a freelancer for the project? Anyway, you’ve got an amazing team!

Wow, nice vid.
ReUploaded @ Vimeo, Hi-Res: Vimeo.com/1231712
I’ve uploaded it, for adding it to Vimeo.com/BlenderAnim, if you don’t like, I delete it.

That is really very nice. Fantastic job.

And the very big plus in this video: Blender can work with other 3d apps. This is a good example for this.

Offtopic: Dejavu! :):):slight_smile:

I show you a very funny thing. :smiley:
The link: http://www.lighthouse-interactive.com/
At right you can find a “Trailer: Lighthouse” - this is an intro for this company. The lighthouse model and the lighthouse-lens are my work, that I made in Blender and we make all other (render, anim etc.) in 3dsMax. :D:D:D

Inverse dejavu. :D:D:D

Loved it! :slight_smile:

This is one of those heartfelt shorts that take a long time to forget about. Beautiful lighting, nice story…

Front page plugged at CG Talk now too, btw…

Congrats!

BgDM