Lighthouse (short film)

Wonderfult! That is just wonderful!

Thanks again dudes, it’s appreciated!

There’s no script for the foot pivot, that was just how Jeremy, our rigger set it up. If you’d like I can try and get some more details. And the Malefico IK/FK script is cool, but in the end the animators didn’t end up using the features that much, it was very easy to screw things up just by missing a step or keying things in the wrong order, and having it as a script became quite a pain, especially with using linked characters across various scenes and files, with different people working on shots. In our next project we’re trying it the BBB approach, with just a slider with driven constraints - perhaps might be able to bring out the parts of Malefico’s script that moves the bones into place, and just use it more like a positioning tool.

Thanks! The very first concepts were sent through to us in mid-February, and we finished in mid-May. Though for the last few weeks it was mainly just me working on getting it all rendered since the animation was done and the other guys had other work to do. It did take a bit of overtime on my part, but that was kinda inevitable, being the bottleneck doing the texturing/shading/lighting/comping/etc.

And yeah we roped Enrico in remotely for a week at the last minute (as Peach was winding down) when things were looking a little tight. He textured the ship for us. Lee also freelanced for a couple of weeks and Hamed did the ocean coding remotely.

cheers!

all i can say is: WOW

Amazing, amazing, AMAZING work! Right up there with ED in level of detail! Sure, that part was done in Max and Photoshop, but it’s nothing that couldn’t be done in Blender and GIMP.

This really is outstanding work! I love the combination of an ominous, dark environment with the cheery, good-hearted, happy ending. It really conveys the story well.

Good things do happen, even when it seems impossible.

Definitely another great example of blender prowess in the industry and it’s effectiveness next to other apps in a pipeline.

5 star!

Wonderfull work ! Very natural character animation, great expressions and a very nice mood and atmosphere. Definitely one of the best animation made with Blender. Just like Elephant Dream and BBB, it will enforce the visibility of Blender all over the world.
Congrats guys.

Thanks very much again!

btw, I’ve uploaded a patch for dispersion here : https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=15551&group_id=9&atid=127

It needs a little bit more work, but should be enough to play with (and it was enough to render those shots :slight_smile:

cheers

Great work ! i love the overall look , looks really pro and the story is also nice .

Keep up the good work !

Wow that was amazing!! Especially liked the lighting…

ooh, front page of cgtalk!
congrats.
“You CAN do THAT with Blender”

Great concept and very well done.

5/5

I hope the next ones you make will be made only with blender! :stuck_out_tongue:

Impressive work, the mood is really great. And last but not least thank you for sharing theses new patches to the community.

Well done guys,good work.

There is such an excellent cinematic presence and flow to this animation.

Great job on conveying the story in an intriguing manner, and superb work all the way through the final renders!

It was also nice to see this properly recognized at CGTalk.

RobertT

I like the mood and the enviroment allot!
Great movie!!!
Just one question, how many diferent persons (models) there’s in the movie? In the end seams to be allot.

The making of impressed me even more than the movie itself!

Nice rig, I guess the footroll wasn’t a script it was a classic two rotation/limit rotation constraint setup.

The finger shapes are interesting too, they don’t seem too complicated even when the hand is wrapped around something.

Very nice and impressive. It is announced today in the french site 3DVF dot com.

Awesome!
Can Blender really do this? :slight_smile:

wow this is really very nice work!! 500 of 5 points