McLaren MP4 - Just another car render

Wow! Really nice work!

Incredible model, I’m speechless. I’m just getting into Blender and all those nodes are giving me a headache. It’s amazing how you got a hang of all of them.

Why that? same car, yes but we all do it

I checked your material, is there something wrong with the mapping? In the preview it looks kind of weird

Man the material looks complicated, so many layers and nodes… pfff
Thea is so much easier, here this disco paint (small stars) is just 3 layers super easy setup

Nice work!. I really like the model. very clean. Very nice material. Very helpful explanation of the posted nodes setups! thanks

Looks excellent.

This is just awesome! Thanks for showing us the nodes of your material:)

Absolutely outstanding work. It’s productions like this that really do inspire me to further my ability with Blender.

Congratulations again, for beein featured in 3DArtist magazine. :wink:

Awesome work! Thanks for sharing the shader!

Thank you strapazie. :slight_smile:
I havn’t seen the article yet, but I am really looking forward to it. Thanks for notifying me. (y)

And thank you to everyone else who I havn’t replied to yet. I really appreciate your feedback and kind words!

yeah, I havent read it yet as well, but as I was scrolling through the magazin when it arrived I was like “wtf, i know this guy!”

Hahah. I have just brought the magazine as well. There is actually much great blender stuff in it (y)

Excellent. I should know… I used to be the Associate Editor of Car Craft Magazine. Congratulations!

Wow, thank you Steve! It means a lot. :slight_smile:

Well deserved, Dan.

Mmm…why excellent ?
Exterior not bad, but with some mistakes.
Interior so different from real car.
Visual and exterior materials very nice.

So nice model, but is not like real

i work in the maritime industry, on commercial vessels that transport cargo internationally. i’ve been aboard vessels carrying these vehicles in bulk, and from my personal experience, i would say you did a fine job, sir! truly wonderful model. good job.

Thank you for the feedback. I know the interior isn’t very accurate. I mostly focused on the exterior, which I think is pretty close. I was of course aiming for realism, but I think the project turned out well even though the model isn’t completely accurate.