New Terra - Diablo meets Fallout

I’m not going to mention my very peaceful culture since it would be going way off topic. And would probably result in a flame war which would get you and me banned. Probably you since you seem to be very easily butthurt. Anyway Left 4 Dead is fun because you can survive together with someone. There are a lot of shitty games today that works because you can play it together with your friends. Diablo is a shit game, it might have been popular since it allowed you to take on an alter ego and go out in dungeons unleasing your supressed anger. It was the first of it kind back in the day. But today there are much better same genre games, Icewind Dale is a very good example of a great alter ego DD type of game. But today it’s world of warcraft that rules the make your own fictional alter ego character and waste 100 of hours on leveling him up. Diablo is a very very shitty version of world of warcraft. But world of warcraft can’t even compare to good old rpg games or many adventure and side scroller games. Fallout is also only “fun” because you can make your own alter ego and run around making him stronger. These games are for people that find real life boring and want to live in a fictional universe. These games are all time wasters…fallout is a one player world of warcraft. Fallout and diablo are the shitty games of american culture. And the reason for them being popular is because there indeed are many idiotic fat star trek fans out there. No offense if you are fat…which is a high possability since you are american >_>. I find that a lot of games of today suck, and the reason they suck is because they being made by programming nerds that are so close minded and only repeat the games they have grown up with. Or they get inspiration from american shitty culture for their games. The japanese game market is better, but all their games suffer from horrible anime sickness. It’s all very corny, but at least it’s better than american games. Well…most games suck, and personally to me this game looks like it’s going to be a let down. If only the artist could be in control of the game and not the programmer. Too bad programmers are rare and they don’t work for people who don’t want to make unartistic games based on their sense of beauty. Which often ends with huge boobies and american monster trucks or something. Too bad…well have fun as long as it lasts. Maybe you will find your course on the sea in the future…but as it looks now you will remain lost since you can’t and don’t want to understand the compass I just gave you. Bye and good luck American…"“may god bless you.”"

Your arguement is still null and void. Has no real grounds. As a matter of a fact If you had a point to anything you say, I would listen, but its just random gibberish from some kid. Its quite funny actually. Someone who has had no experience in the industry, as I have not had any in the game industry. Trying to tell me that my idea is a horrid piece of trash while he has nothing to show for himself. Except that he hates anything that is developed within the last 10 years. This American culture that you hate is partial due to our communication and that you realize the only reason I continue this conversation is mainly to keep my thread on top and top hopefully show how little you do know about the game world. So with each passing post you help me. Bad publicity is still publicity. Also this helps get more game information out about my game because I have discussed it in the post which does not make this a sole bump threading. Which its not. Your bashing my idea, I am defending it. Its not a flame thread either because I am not bashing you or your culture which you have done both of. I just wanted to know your culture so I could enlighten you on its history as I have done with other “culturally bias” people in the past.

Very peaceful culture, i highly doubt any culture in todays world has a peaceful history. You do realize you could PM me or even email me and discuss that further safely from this forum. Also Diablo is a top grossing game that is still played today. yes WoW is a top playing game but it has the same fundamentals as Diablo or Fallout(and I am not talking about the new Fallout.) Diablo was made back in the 90’s and still played. Diablo 1, and 2 are still played. That means it is not shitty as you say if it can keep going 12+ years later. Also it is made by the SAME company that makes WoW and are making part 3, an American based company. You call me fat? You do realize that I was in the army right, and I have kept my self in good condition as well. Also your take on american culture is quite bias, racist, and stereotyping. As peaceful as your culture may be it does not have respect for others just like every other culture out there. There is no singular good culture and I wish people would realize that. No one is better then the other. If you actually get into the game market you would realize that there are project managers, and game designers that handle the creation of the game while the programmers make their creation come to life. Not the other way around. I agree, good old RPGs are really fun and a part of my earlier years. I love the old SNES 32-bit rpgs like Final Fantasy 5 and 6, and Secret of Mana, and the lot. Still your take on diablo is quite odd since it was made before Icewind Dale and WoW. Matter of a fact you can not compare any game to WoW because it is under constant development by a major company. Icewind Dale? you mean the Baulders Gate Expack? I dont see many people playing that today. I logged on a diablo server less than a week ago and could hop into and ACTIVE game. Your compass? what compass. To plagiarize another game or movie? You have given no real direction or anything for that matter. You have told me to make my game like other games or movies. Thats it. Also I never saw any boobs or monster trucks in Doom, Quake, Half-Life, Hexen, Heretic, Fallout(pre-Bethesda), or a lot of the games I have mentioned.

Okay now that all that is over with i hope, how about some early model screenshots?

A picture of a generic table that will be in various places

The inn/bar of the .45’ers gang. Kind of like a meeting place for various higher members of the gang. This is being worked on and this is just a dev shot of it. Still a lot of work ahead. The blue box on the left is the table(above) and the top left line figure is the model of the person(also above).

Well I have done a few more models and decided to move such constant updates over to the New Terra forums. You can see the new models over there. I will still throw some updates this way but I do not want to post to much here.

Are you even using blender to make those models? Looks like google sketchup or something. Also looks like they are too high poly for game models. And if you want to attract members you got to show some impressive works. Those bottles most people could make in 1 min.

Shut the hell up hermodr let the guy make his game, im a boring member but you is way worse than me, go find a hobby or make your own game, and let the guy work.
phreaknation just ignore him, keep trying and learning with your project.
I allready lost my temper with some idiotic stuff, a lot of those times I was the one to blame because I have no patience.
Go ahead you can make it!

Hermodr:
I started with Sketchup too so shut up

@hermodr I understand this is a blender forum and my project is not using the BGE, but I am asking for assistance from blender people, so it still can be considered a partial blender project. I know this upsets some members that I am not using a pure blender project to. Most games do not use one specific technology though. Even new games such as ones using unreal tech do not purely use just UDK. So please if you would kindly stop trolling my post and either leave me to make my game my way, or you can join it with your infinite wisdom ohh ye blender god.

@leonnn Thank you for your kind words.

@Dilopho DD Got to start somewhere right? Got to crawl before you walk. Some people do not realize this concept.

Also, no I am not using blender because I am not an artist. Not they are not high poly because I am using the smooth other technique with Google Sketchup. They are low quality because if you seen the screenshots of the game, the models do not need to be in great detail because the game camera is far away from the model that it does not need to be greatly designed models. Models can be replaced. Also I have other artists using blender and have already completed models. I have not shown that work because for one, it is not my model, and two I do not have the time I am just showing my work to them because they do not have access to it. Not for security reasons, but they do not need to be bothered by my tinkering when I can just show a picture of it and progress.

Hermodr:
I started with Sketchup too so shut up
I thought this forum was for only blender games. And in a open forum you shouldn’t have to shut up. In the real world you wouldn’t get away with this. That is why you are doing it online you little angry nerd. Bow before me or get slayed…I could slay you easily. But I’m a man of mercy, bow or die. Your choice…

Now phreaknation I gave you tips earlier, both on your idea and your way of attracting attention. If you want to get people interested post screenshots of those nice looking models some of your other members had made. People want to get inspired otherwise they won’t join. It’s hard to inspire people through words on a forum, especially when a lot of people here are reatarded nerds. Give them some candy…eyecandy, little nerds like that kind of stuff.

Not saying I would get wood because of it, take this as a kind advice.

EDIT: Second thought, as the blender god I am. I might me able to help you, send me a model to make and I’ll make it. Then you could attract members with it :wink:

He is not telling you to no longer post here, when he said shut up he meant about cracking on Sketch UP. People have to start somewhere, and I have started back in the day with Qoole, Quark, Source Hammer Editor, and Sketch Up. I prefer Sketch Up because you can rapidly create something and cuts the time almost nearly in half.

Also as I have stated those models are created by other people. It is their model to show off, not mine. It is their intellectual property. Me posting screen shots here would not be professional as I do not own those models and will not post them. I have posted plenty of things to get people interested in the project, more so then you have on anything you have done. I have scanned through your posts, and it has shown me you have not posted much about anything other then complaints. Ohh you do realize that fallout thread complaint was really boring right? You also say its a SP MMORPG, and it is only because Bethesda Softworks were only allowed to purchase the single player rights to the fallout series. The MP rights are not able to be bought. Otherwise it would have been a MP game. Do some research on this stuff BEFORE you post something or it just makes you look stupid.

I have also broke off and made my own Forum as not to spam to much of the work on this forum. I realize this is a BGE Forum and my game does not use that, but how else is someone going to create a project with blender artists if one does not go to the source? I posted here because I know that it is active somewhat, it has artists looking around for projects to join, and from what I can tell has a lot of ideas and resources just left around. BGE forum or not, I have been true with my intentions of NOT using BGE because I am not a blender user. This does not how ever change the fact that blender is being used in my project to develop models and such. I saw no other forum on Blenderartists.org that this would fit under. Its okay though, I did get people interested, and with each day the project grows. This could have been another fly by night project like yours was and use a technology that I was unfamiliar with and end up giving up because I had to learn something else to create it, or I could go with what I knew and actually develop something. Its okay though, you are the master blender guru. You know all there is and have done lots of work that you cant show anything for. Its okay, dont worry, I bow I bow, ohhh ye master of slaying. Don’t slay me. Oh please dont slay me, mercy, mercy…hey I might actually use that line in my game…lol

Wow how can someone write such a long reply saying absolutely nothing. You are the kind of guy that wants to tell your entire life story in order to explain why you do the things you do. Why don’t you reply will telling me about your childhood and why you got inspired to make a game about psychopaths on mars.

So the models above are from your team? I wonder what the main character will look like. Bet he will look somewhat like a cylinder :stuck_out_tongue: Anyway you want some help with your models or was your invetation just a cry for attention?

The models depicted here are my own. when I said “those models” i meant the ones created by my team. Also I write a lot to properly explain myself. I can not help it if you are a simpleton. Also seems to be an illiterate one as well. Invetation, is that even a word or do you mean invitation? On a realistic note, how old are you? Also I have shown plenty of things showing my talents not only as a developer but as a designer. You have yet to show any of your skills other then you lack of research, your foul mouth, and the fact you can troll a forum. So as for taking your advice, I see no reason to take advice from a stranger who has apparently no skills as a designer. From what it sounds like, and only what it sounds like, you are probably young kind between 16 and 22. Picked up blender a while back and thought wow I can make a model, I am a designer. That does not make you a designer. A designer usually has a portfolio. Even developers have them. I even have one. Even a Skill matrix. Do you even know what a skill matrix is? I am not harping on you I am just asking questions that I would like answers to.

This IS an open forum for discussion but all forums have written and unwritten rules. One unwritten rule is about trolling which 90% of forums follow. You are testing that line quite well. As the author of this thread and out of the respect of fellow developers and designers I will ask you one more time. PLEASE STOP TROLLING THIS THREAD. I would like more modelers on my team but only ones who want to be on the team and can actually show something. Thats why my team has 3 different sections. Active, Inactive, and Prospects. You can guess the first two but the third is for people who want to join but have yet to aid in the team in any way other then complements. To stay active all you have to do is submit one piece of work. You can see my active team member, also have one other working on something but s/he has not officially submitted finished work.

If you can not at least show some work you have done that has been used or in a finished project, please stop acting like some big shot designer. My work has made me money. This is a hobbyist project, something I do in my spare time. I do not need prove to you anything. You do not want to work on this project I get that. I have accepted you not wanting to work on it. Why do you keep on commenting on this thread if this project is so horrible? Just ignore this thread. I respectfully asked you if you wanted to join my project, but you have disrespected me and my project with every single post. Even when you try to give advice you end up being sarcastic and disrespectful.

I don’t want to work for bossy bosses with an elitist attitude despite the fact that his idea could have been written by a 15 year old sci fi fan. That you earn money doing your thing doesn’t impress me at all. Coding and math aren’t abilities I value in people. How did you get that sharped pole so high up there? Are you genetically different from the rest of us. Lol LoL xD

First off, I am not bossy, You can ask any one on the team and also people around me. I never have once told any developer/designer to specifically do one thing. That would put a hamper on their creativity and any true employer would realize such. Also, elitist? How am i considered an elitist. I have not tried to control you or anyone. I am the Project lead yes, but I do not micromanage anyone. Please before you use such big words realize what there definition is. So what if it MIGHT have been written by a 15 yo sci fi fan. I am 26 years old and I do not have to listen to the rant of a child. Wow so you will have no career in the computer world since most of EVERYTHING is relied on by a Coder. Also most games require tons of math. Math is also not an ability its a skill learned in school, which you have had little of.

The rest of us? you do realize that you are alone in this argument correct? To answer you, yes I am VERY different from you and everyone else. I take pride in being different. I’d rather be different then cookie cutter.

Oh so you are different, might I ask in what way? Or are you different in the way I suggested? It would truly be impressive if you could get a sharped pole that far up. But anyway, this conversation is dull and boring. I have discovered that talking with mathematical people is extremly boring, just as boring as it is doing math. You are not different in anyway genetically from either of us.

You might have different experiences but experiences in the classroom aren’t experiences that makes you superiour to anyone. School people haven’t got any real experiences, everything they experience they experience second hand, through books. There is no materialistic truth to math. Just like religion math is man made.

And I fail to see the beauty in logic, especially logic that hasn’t got to do with organic instinct. If your logical brain even could comprehend what I mean with that word. Anyway I won’t hijack your thread anymore. Hope you find your artists.

I am different in my own ways. I am different as a person. As fore the pole I am sorry, but I could not remove you from the pole to even attempt such a feat. We have not talked mathematics so I do not know what you are referring to. Also note that I have had very little school experience. I was removed from school in the 8th grade and got my GED because I was working by that age. I helped run a computer repair company with my father until he was burned over 50% of his body which at that time I was to young to drive. Also I have served in the US Military and also have worked in the Oilfield as well. I currently work for my self and at the start of the year I will be working as a PHP developer for Wells Fargo/Wachovia on their database merger. Also there are plenty of truths to math. 2 + 2 always equals 4 in algebra but in Physics there is no such thing as a whole number it would then be 1.999r=1.999r = 3.998r. There are always truth to numbers because it is the only language that is universal unlike spoken or written language.
You Speak a lot about logic. You realize that logic is a brain function? Similar to thought and learning. Logic is used to solve problems, similar to mathematical equations. Also if you are an artist you are using man made things to make more man made things. You beat yourself with your own contradictions. I thank you for leaving this thread. I just hope it has been as entertaining for the readers as it has been for us.

Just to let everyone know. New Terra is not dead. Far from it. Even during the holidays there is still progress going on. If you want to see what is going on with the team and such head over to the forums or directly to the thread with the team and their jobs.

This is a more developed shot of the Inn. I removed the models that will be loaded by the game engine. Ones that will be in other maps and such. Still needs a bit more and some textures but the initial bar is done. About to move onto the rest of the building.

This is a basic dumpster which is still WIP. Still need to add the side ports for the dumpster and the ribs on the doors.

A small update on what is called the “love” room". There will be a comedic part of the game where this takes place. Although, no nudity will be shown as of yet. I don’t care one way or the other about offensive language, nudity, or subject matter showing up in the game. It can or not. Either way I don’t mind. I say life is not censored why censor a game. :slight_smile:

This is the “love” room where an unknowing gang member who is enjoying the company of a “.45’ers” lady of the night has a run in with the player. The gang member is either tied up and blindfolded to the bed or in a “gimp” suit on all fours, and also tied up. havent decided quite yet…

THIS is why they shouldnt let anybody under 10 on the forums :stuck_out_tongue:

@Phreaknation, Interesting idea! I like it, and Im a big Fallout/Diablo/Steampunk fan, but your menu seems really weak. Mind if I draw one up for you, just to get more vibe from the game into it and make it look more serious?

I agree on the age restriction but also should be an IQ restriction.
By all means you may draw what you will. It was just an example to see what could be done with jquery and a diablo styled menu system.
If you need some documentation I have a few documents that can let you get the vibe of the game, as you say. If you have dropbox that would make it easier or I can send the links